+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    4furbabies, I'm so sorry. The first one is really tough. Give your self some time to grieve and be angry and upset. When you're ready you will find the optimism and hope to feel excited about the next time. Keep in touch and take care
    Last edited by Kheeki; 11-02-2013 at 19:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep agree they are more expensive than other places bur was definitely worth it who knows if I would have got a BFP if I went elsewhere. My FS was very switched on and even called today to congratulate me on the pregnancy after the secretary told her when I had called to book in first scan. I would definitely go back. Yes we could have almost built our house with the money but for me having low egg count and a mother that went through menopause early really started to worry me and i wanted to get started on IVf asap. If you can afford it you wont regret it.QUOTE=bedlover;7077793]I second those comments about Genea. They have been great and they have the Genea Holistic service that does acupuncture / nutrition / alternate therapies for IVF. They also have a program to lose weight for fertility and if you do it and still need IVF they credit the amount you spent towards the IVF cost.

They are expensive but a couple of thousand extra over a lifetime really isn't that much - at least that is how I justify it!![/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry 4furbabies

I asked one of the scientists at my clinic about the new Genea technology today. Her answer was a bit unexpected and doesnt make complete sense to me. She said that it isn't really anything new and that all the clinics are using the technology as common practice. She said there is only 3 types of 'media' (that's what they call the solution) in the world that all the clinics use. She said they are constantly tweaking it and making it better and that this 'news' item was just really great PR by Genea. Not really sure what to make of that since I know quite a few girls on the forums have talked about being a part of the trial. Maybe someone else can ask their non Genea clinic and see what they say.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear, 4furbabies and Tessagirl

5. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesunflowers For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Maggieme. Seems a bit strange that the clinic could tell patients they were part of a trial if there wasn't something different being used. Also doesn't explain their increased success rates. Unless they are manipulating those stats but they were take home baby rates. It says on the website that the product is currently only approved for use at Genea at this stage and will be used with all patients from now on. Very difficult to know what to believe with this stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: January / February IVF cycle buddies: The TWW!!

Hi all,

Can I join? My ET was 9th, BT 20th.

Furbabies, sorry for your news, hope your doing ok?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read the website too Kheeki and I don't really see how it couldnt be a legitimate break through, maybe the scientist at my clinic didn't have all the information. I certainly hope it's as good as it sounds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    February TWW Roll Call
    Tessagirl - 5/6dt FET - BT 8th
    Wickets - 5dt - BT ?
    Bedlover - 5/6dt FET - BT 13th
    Qloulou - 3dt - BT 14th
    Makiely & Chloe - 5dt - BT 15th
    Junglebaby - 5dt - BT 15th
    Mich4761 - 3dt - BT 16th
    Praxie05 - 2dt -BT 16th
    Tamalyssa - 2 x 3dt - BT 16th
    Kheeki - 2 x 3dt FET - BT - 18th
    Torie - 5/6dt FET - BT 18th
    Familyinthemaking - 5dt - BT 20th
    Deb01 - 5dt - BT 20th
    Carrington - 3dt - BT 22nd
    Maggieme - 5dt - BT 22nd

Hugs Needed.
    4furbabies
    Graduates
    Clucky14
    Last edited by Kheeki; 11-02-2013 at 20:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really sorry fur4babies, it's never easy but give yourself a few days to greive and you will then be able to move onto the next cycle xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default January / February IVF cycle buddies: The TWW!!

4furbabies so sorry to hear your news.

Tessa, am absolutely gutted for you. I really had a good feeling for you this cycle. What's next? FET or back to stim?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Tessagirl  (12-02-2013)