Closed Thread
Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    May85 - I was the same after coming off the pill (after nearly 15yrs!) Hopefully it won't take too long for your body to settle down. I'm sure all of us agree that BH could still help in some ways. Just having the support iykwim. You have a lot to keep you busy which is nice too. When do you get married? Very exciting for you I'm sure.

Hi momtobe2009 - I am new in this group too, but not that new to BH in general. We were the same, not sure about #2. Probably still not sure, but we're taking a leap and seeing what happens. Good luck to you!

Tully - that must suck with short cycles, long af? Let us know how the acupuncture goes? Yay for long weekend - we had ours last weekend (WA) Wish for one every week tho

Redlips - not me sorry.

AFM - I think I'm due to O nowish.. Day 16 today, and I'm usually around day 16/17/18. DTD last night so I guess we'll see what happens. Some months O is clear with mucus and how I'm feeling in general, but I don't know right now. Hoping for today or tomorrow.

For those in the East enjoy your long weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and a good long weekend for Victorians and South Australians .

Tully78 - acupuncture sounds like a good plan. I have been meaning to look into that myself. I have heard great things about it. Let me know how you go. Also I have heard so many stories of people taking a break from ttc and actually falling pregnant. fx for you.

Mrsviking - Thanks! I have my bad days when I am not sure if a second child is really a good idea as I feel like I already have two now, DH and DD . I hope we all get our BFPs soon.

May85 - you have alot to keep busy with, I wish I was the same. I do have DD's birthday coming up, but not much planned this year. Also, working night shifts at the moment (which I am sure is not helping my fertility) but keeps me occupied.

I tested hpt on what I thought was 13 dpo, but BPN. I then recounted and realised I was actually 12dpo. I had some VERY LIGHT pink spotting on 12dpo night. I was so sure it was my period and I am out this month, but I usually spot dark brown for 1 day before my period hits and so far nothing. Could it have been implantation spotting? This late? I keep wiping to check (tmi) but nothing else, just that one smudge of light pink along with clear cm. Majority of my symptoms have disappeared, except my nipples hurt like crazy. The do appear bigger as well, even DH mentioned it. I did get some metallic taste in my mouth but it comes and goes. I was really nauseated on Thursday night and had bad cramps on my right side, but that also is gone now. I feel like my body is so confused. I don't remember if I spotted with DD but then again I was not looking for symptons at that time.

Thats all for now. to everyone and I hope we get some BPN stories soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Is anyone O'ing around the 17th?
    Not me sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    momtobe2009 fingers crossed that those signs are pointing towards a BFP

mrsviking we haven't set a date. we only got engaged on New Years Day! Intially we were going to get married at the end of the year but decided to save for a house and TTC (glad we did that now rather than later!)

I have started to take Vitex on the weekend so I hope that that assists with regulating.

I wish it was a long weekend in QLD!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to may85 For This Useful Post:

momtobe2009  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    momtobe2009 - the symptoms we experience in the 2ww can be so frustrating! I remember having lots of white CM when I was utd with DD. Perhaps the spotting & nausea were implantation signs. In which case you might know more in a few days. Keep us posted, for you.

If you don't mind me asking, why is it that you're not sure about having #2? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable to
    For me this first 2 years has been a struggle as a parent, and for a while we decided we were very happy with 1. But a few things were happening around me recently which made me realise I didn't want to miss out on trying at least.

may85 - good luck with the vitex. So newly engaged - congrats! There's so many things to fit in isn't there

afm - pretty sure O has been today, nauseous this morning, lower abdo pains most of the day. Lots of BD over the weekend, but won't hold my breath that we'd be lucky enough to fall on cycle 1. It took 13 with DD.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsviking For This Useful Post:

momtobe2009  (13-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!

Mrsviking - this 2ww seems like forever! lol..I am not 100% sure on the exact reason I didn't want to initially try for a second bub. But I think it was a combination of being happy just was we were and my way of coping with my previous loss. As you probably already know, I had DD in 2009 (wasn't planned, but turned out to be the best thing that could have happened). In 2010 when DD was little over a year I fell pregnant again (wasn't planned, but was happy). I lost that bubba when I was around 12 weeks. It was very hard for me, emotionally as I don't have family here in AUS and I struggled to cope. Then in 2011 I got really sick, doctors initially thought cancer! I spent almost 6 months crying my heart out and trying to be strong for my family at the same time. The doctors later figured out that it was TB which can be deadly, but curable if caught in time. I think at that point ..more than any other time ..I had decided we were happy just as we were and I wanted to enjoy every second that I had with my daughter. I want to try again now because I have learned that another baby will not distract or reduce my love for DD, but my heart will grow to love them both equally. (cliche? I know. ) I also don't want DD to be lonely growing up, I have one sister who I am very close with and know the importance of siblings. So there it is.....wow... that turned into a mini saga

May85 - Good Luck with Vitex. fingers crossed for you

afm - No period, so I am "late" but then again my period can do weird things so you never know. For example last month, it skipped a whole month in between. I had very dry cm last 2 days and noticed some brown discharge..so little I think I might have imagined it..about the size of this dot. I will test again on Friday or Saturday if AF doesn't show her face - I will be about 18 -19 dpo.

Anyone else testing this week?

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Just an update for me, my period was 8 days late and I started to symptom spot my every move and kept getting negative pg tests. But finally got my period on monday. So our first month of trying didn't work, which may seem like nothing; but DS1 was conceived literally first shot!
    I really want to try to take a relaxed approach so I will not be doing temperature charts and will now only test the day my af is due or after - not before!
    The whole process is very psychologically exhausting as getting pregnant & getting your period are very similar symptoms. So here's to another month, baby dust to everyone else:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xanadu View Post
    Hi ladies
    Just an update for me, my period was 8 days late and I started to symptom spot my every move and kept getting negative pg tests. But finally got my period on monday. So our first month of trying didn't work, which may seem like nothing; but DS1 was conceived literally first shot!
    I really want to try to take a relaxed approach so I will not be doing temperature charts and will now only test the day my af is due or after - not before!
    The whole process is very psychologically exhausting as getting pregnant & getting your period are very similar symptoms. So here's to another month, baby dust to everyone else:-)
    That's the approach that I'm taking, other than tracking my cycles to get a basic idea of ovulation and cycle.length, but otherwise it's just dtd whenever we want lol. I also won't test til AF is due
    Symptom spotting sucks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    momtobe - wow, what a huge couple of years for you! It sounds like your heart & body have healed enough now to let another little person in.
    I feel the same about wondering about the love to go around, but realise of course it must as all the kids I know with siblings are very well loved

Good luck with testing!

Xanadu - poo to AF arriving. Hate how our bodies play tricks on us and we think every little thing/symptom means we're pg. Totally get what you mean about it being psychologically exhausting

I guess for me, I did quite a few months of BBT monitoring which gave me a great indication of my cycles. And like you and Redlips I don't do any of that now and just trust the signs my body shows. It's served us well up to now since having DD - no contraception but no pg either. Which is fine as we weren't ready before.

AFM - I *think* I have just O'd yesterday or today which kinda sucks as we dtd over the weekend, last time Sunday night which may be too early. I've had strong af type pains & felt nauseous to almost being sick this morning. Darn hormones!!
    So I'm in the tww but will not get my hopes up on this our 1st cycle.

We are heading away for a week on Friday - I'll probably read along but limited posting.
    Have a great week - maybe there'll be some BFP's to get us all excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what everyone's birthing preferences are and I am in no way "pushing" the natuaral birthing scenario, but I read this article and found if very comforting. For me, I am petrified about giving birth again (knowing what I am in for now!) and this just reassures me that your body knows what to do and you need to trust mother nature will take care of you and your baby

http://www.birth.com.au/Labour-and-B...-birth-of-Luca