+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by panks View Post
    Thanks every1 for your help. Finally found that Health scan at Brunswick will do bulk billing for 32 weeks. I have got the appointment booked for tomorrow. :
    I thi

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Shouldn't listen to one side of story

Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    Good on you for making a complaint! There's no rule about bringing children and if he was well behaved then I really don't see how it inconvenienced the tech at all!! Clearly this person knows nothing about pregnancy as I was a size 10 too but popped straight away for this one but I didn't show for ages with my first, it's totallt different the second time around! It's supposed to be the most amazing, hapoy time in your life and you should not be made to feel fat and like you're inconveniencing them!! Sounds like a grumpy jerk!!
    I believe this is medical diagnostic scan instead of entertaining. You can not listen to one side of story and everyone's standard of good behavior is different. Sonographers can not afford to miss any pathology which can be fetal for foetus. Sometimes large group can distract the sonographer. Then who takes the responsibility of missed diagnosis? ThIs is professional job and you guys don't understand of difficulty of doing the test. That is why not everyone can be health professional.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Absolutely agree

Quote Originally Posted by freddi View Post
    Hi everyone,

I felt the need to make an account on this site, as I'm a receptionist working in a radiology clinic. There are practically no sites that will bulk bill pregnancy ultrasounds, the reason for this being the time it takes to perform the examination takes between 30minutes for an allocated slot, up to 40 minutes. That meant when we used to bulk bill pregancy ultrasounds, we would in fact lose money due to the amount of time spent doing them.

I have dealt with a lot of angry parents who become frustrated at the concept of forking out $150 for a dating scan, $150 for a nuchal transluceny scan, and $180 for a morphology scan. I understand that it's a lot of money, however if you're prepared to have a child, you should be prepared to pay a lot more than that to bring it into this world.

As for sonographers, I come from a family of sonographers, they are not rude on a whole. But you have to understand, just by performing your examination they run the risk of being easily sued if they make even the simplest of errors. Consequently, many sonographers will ask that you leave your family in the waiting room until the majority of the examination is over, and then (from what I experience at my clinic) they'll be allowed to enter and see the scan for themselves.

Your children may not have been in the way, but the rooms in which they scan are fairly small, and the fewer people present, the easier the exam.

By all means you should report abusive sonographers, there are appropriate methods of conduct, and if they're not complying then that's when alarm bells should start ringing.

However assist the sonographer, instead of insisting to bring in your entire family to view the scanning, check with them first. A note: do your preparation correctly, so many women come without having consumed enough water, it sets everyone back and costs time and money. You should have a full bladder when you come into the clinic.

Anyway, all the best with your pregnancies, if you can find a bulk billing service for pregnancy ultrasounds then make use of it before it switches to private payments too.

Also - places should bulk bill pregnancy ultrasounds when the foetus is too small to properly measure anything! You will have to come back at a ;ater date but you shouldn't be charged for an inconclusive examination.

All the best.
    Those people expect to have test for free in private company.however, they don't have funding from government that they rely on Medicare. Medicate rebate is so little that can not cover for their staffs, machine, rent etc...those people think obstetric shall be for free then they shall go to public. However, public try to look after high risk pregnancy because they got little funding from government and they have limited staff members as well. Therefore, they have very long waiting lists. Perhaps those people who think they shouldn't get pay for scan shall either make complaint to the Medicare or government that did. It look after people or don't have kids.because private company needs to survive.otherwise they will shut down due to lack of profit. People need to understand no free meal in this world. If they think they pay tax then blame the government where the tax money goes? Why government don't put enough money in health care? A bunch of selfish people.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Shall blame the government or tiny Medicare rebate

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2b87 View Post
    Sorry completely disagree we pay taxes so our health needs are covered we shouldn't have to pay for scans etc up front and get a pittance back. Just because I choose to have a child doesn't mean I have money to throw around on scans that should be covered by the Australian government which I have done my duty and handed over my wages for them to squander on crap
    There are a few options for you
    Don't take scan to take the risk of baby's health
    Do it in public hospital (long waiting list)
    Complain to government or Medicare because private rely on little rebate which is not enough to cover staffs, rent, machine etc.
    Or don't have kids. Because no free meal in he world.government only fund to public.
    Private means clinics are running by private group or individual.