+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks grumpy jerk was a woman too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You would think a woman would be good at a job like that! Maybe she was just having a bad day but still there's no reason to make it horrible for you! I had a grumpy lady at my 12 week scan, she went off at my mum for taking a photo of the baby on yhe screen saying it was a "privacy issue", pretty sure I wouldn't have asked her to come if I didn't want her to see the baby! Also after saying that she was trying to find my files on the computer and had all her other patients names and details up for us all to see, talk about a privacy issue!! She also forgot to do the baby's heart rate so chased me down the street after I'd left, then it took her literally 15 times to finally get it and it wasnt right so I had to go back again! She doesn't sound nowhere near as bad as yours was but she was just an old grump! Luckily the others I've had were lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's still bad
    I'm really excited for my scan tomorrow but nervous even though its at another branch that it will be another horrible experience at least my hubby is coming this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you get it done at a public hospital, they normally do not charge you. I got my 20 week one done at the hospital I was going to deliver and medicare handled it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I booked in for my hospital/mid wife care about 4 weeks ago and they couldn't see me until 20 th April so hoping to get my 20 week scan done there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Mumma View Post
    That's still bad
    I'm really excited for my scan tomorrow but nervous even though its at another branch that it will be another horrible experience at least my hubby is coming this time!
    Good luck this time, hopefully you get a nice one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I felt the need to make an account on this site, as I'm a receptionist working in a radiology clinic. There are practically no sites that will bulk bill pregnancy ultrasounds, the reason for this being the time it takes to perform the examination takes between 30minutes for an allocated slot, up to 40 minutes. That meant when we used to bulk bill pregancy ultrasounds, we would in fact lose money due to the amount of time spent doing them.

I have dealt with a lot of angry parents who become frustrated at the concept of forking out $150 for a dating scan, $150 for a nuchal transluceny scan, and $180 for a morphology scan. I understand that it's a lot of money, however if you're prepared to have a child, you should be prepared to pay a lot more than that to bring it into this world.

As for sonographers, I come from a family of sonographers, they are not rude on a whole. But you have to understand, just by performing your examination they run the risk of being easily sued if they make even the simplest of errors. Consequently, many sonographers will ask that you leave your family in the waiting room until the majority of the examination is over, and then (from what I experience at my clinic) they'll be allowed to enter and see the scan for themselves.

Your children may not have been in the way, but the rooms in which they scan are fairly small, and the fewer people present, the easier the exam.

By all means you should report abusive sonographers, there are appropriate methods of conduct, and if they're not complying then that's when alarm bells should start ringing.

However assist the sonographer, instead of insisting to bring in your entire family to view the scanning, check with them first. A note: do your preparation correctly, so many women come without having consumed enough water, it sets everyone back and costs time and money. You should have a full bladder when you come into the clinic.

Anyway, all the best with your pregnancies, if you can find a bulk billing service for pregnancy ultrasounds then make use of it before it switches to private payments too.

Also - places should bulk bill pregnancy ultrasounds when the foetus is too small to properly measure anything! You will have to come back at a ;ater date but you shouldn't be charged for an inconclusive examination.

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only had my nuchal scan bulk billed as I am in one of the higher risk categories. The others I have had to pay for, and I did ring around a bit for the 20 week one and found somewhere a bit cheaper than the others ($145 opposed to $200)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for posting that my dr couldnt recommend anywhere that bulked billed ultrasounds, I called them (healthscan in narrewarren) yesterday and they still bulk bill! Yay!