+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default For those that have miscarried naturally...

How long did the heavy bleeding (gushing more like it) and passing of tissue actually last? A couple of hours? A day? Please tell me not days...

I'm going through one right now and am wondering how much more heavy bleeding I can actually take.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: For those that have miscarried naturally...

So sorry for your loss I naturally miscarried at around 5.5 weeks and the heavy bleeding was about 3 or 4 days. May be upsetting: I passed my bubba on the second day and the rest was some tissue among the blood. But its very different for everybody.

I know how hard it is to try and get through the heavy bleeding its an awful constant reminder of the loss of your bubba. The only advice I have is to take it easy, take care of yourself, take time to greive how you need to and dont be hard on yourself

Again, so sorry for your loss
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 05-02-2013 at 13:43.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

minniemousey  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry that this is happening to you xo one I started bleeding I also passed the sac on the second day (felt painful cramps until then), after that it slowed down and didnt hurt it all and was like a normal period for two days after. Hope it's over quickly for you xox

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody1982 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My bleeding has always been heavy and prolonged and it has always chopped and changed from fresh to dark and back and forth, the advice I was given was to seek help if I went through more than 1 pad an hour for 2-3 hours, if I had a temp or if the bleeding lasted longer than 10-12 days. I am still getting clots now at 17/18 days but they are only small.

I'm sorry for your loss

7. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks guys. I've had 5 weeks to come to term with the loss and I'm ok with it now I think. I've had period bleeding for two days which has turned into gushing (sorry for the tmi - a maternity pad + every 10-15 mins for the last 3 hours). Have had some doubts about doing it naturally but if it's only for a day I guess there's enough blood left in me to cope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: For those that have miscarried naturally...

Quote Originally Posted by Woody1982 View Post
    Sorry that this is happening to you xo one I started bleeding I also passed the sac on the second day (felt painful cramps until then), after that it slowed down and didnt hurt it all and was like a normal period for two days after. Hope it's over quickly for you xox
    Same as above except I passed it on the first day.. So sorry you are going through this I dont want to say the wrong thing or anything as its such a bad time for you, just with what happened with mine..be sure to go to a dr to get your hcg levels checked afterwards to make sure that it is complete. My dr double checked a few days later to make sure the levels went right back down to confirm I didn't need to go in for a d&c if it wasnt "complete" I hope you have someone close by to help you through this time *hugs*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummakat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My natural mc was also around 5.5wks and the heavy bleeding and passing of tissue lasted a few days but I found it would abate and then there would be another period of bleeding albeit lighter. This went on for a couple of weeks before it finished all together.

I agree with previous poster if it is taking a while it can be reassuring to get bt's to monitor hcg levels going down.

So sorry for your loss

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Starf1sh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I had one at 6.5 weeks and I had brown spotting for 1 day, and heavy bleeding and clots for 3 days. Try and rest as much as you can cause I felt quite weak from blood loss. Take care of yourself. Hugs

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pippi For This Useful Post:

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

For me it was about three days but I wouldn't call it heavy I mean, no more than a pad every two or three hours. After that it was spotting for a couple days.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was at 5w1d.

I had brown spotting the first day, then passed the sac and a massive gush of blood first thing in the morning on the second day. The bleeding on this day was so heavy I didn't even bother with pads - I just sat on the toilet all day.

More blood, clots and tissue on the third day, then it abruptly stopped and I just had slight spotting for two days after.

If you're worried, please go to the hospital. I'm so sorry you're going through this

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoopuf For This Useful Post: