+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Charity Donations

We donate about $200 a month I think to Red Cross, 2 sponsor kids, medisans frontier, greenpeace and I think HSI. I think last financial year we prob did about another $500 in flood stuff and friends doing fun runs/movember stuff like that? Oh and a orangutan project I used to fundraiser for. i always used to say 10% so we really should donate more.

I want to donate more time this year when I'm on mat leave to some local stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Stuff like the Christmas giving tree is a good way to donate at the end of the year. Easy to buy a few extra toys and wrap them up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I think last financial year we prob did about another $500 in flood stuff and friends doing fun runs/movember stuff like that?
    Yeah I forgot about those donations to sponsor people who are doing stuff. I always find it really uncomfortable when someone wants me to sponsor them for a charity that I really don't like (like if I am fundamentally against what they are raising money for!). Awkward much??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I usually do a few big cashies at the end of the financial year to a few select charities that I have supported for years. I admit, I like getting the tax deduction.

I tend to give to overseas aid agencies for projects in developing countries. I mainly go for medical or educational stuff (e.g. $x pays for this many vaccinations or puts this many books in a classroom etc)

I always tended to think of myself as someone who gave quite generously, but I've noticed over the last few years that my donations have stayed about the same despite my income going up quite a bit so I'll probably revise that this year.

DH is a raffle guy, always has tickets to win a car or house, some of them are $100 a ticket so we probably have about the same overall total. He used to be a physio so he tends to go for charities like the MS Association or Muscular Dystrophy Foundation.