+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I done cert 3 and 4 (they ditched cert 4 the year after) through my local tafe ft, straight out of high school.
    Applied for a casual lunch relief job st the end of the year, got it.

Enrolled in correspondance for my diploma, and completed that the following year, on my own, while working part time.

Once I was qualified I was still in my relief role but striped into whatever room/role was required.... I really wanted my own room but the opportunity never arose, got the first qualified job I applied for next and was starting my advanced diploma but left to start my family.

It was hard work, the extra paperwork to price you understand the processes was headache inducing, having worked in the industry, and knowing you bypass writing certain things down... But was worth the effort.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

marianaluky  (17-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did my Cert III at TAFE. I tried to do my diploma while working but I just never had the time to really do my studies! I was a group leader in the nursery and it was very busy. I found myself bringing work stuff home and doing that and not having time for my studies. I went back to TAFE and completed 3/4 of it before I had to stop for medical reasons. I found being at TAFE full time much easier as you have the support of your teachers and other students. Now I'm living in QLD, it's going to take me longer to finish it (if I choose to) at TAFE as they do it differently to NSW!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, keep on at it! Don't give up on doing what you really want to do. If you set a time aside for it, and make reasonable goal, I believe that it's possible.

It's important to get a job as a team leader as soon as you finish studying as you can apply all your studies immediately. So many people, (including my humble sister), assume that they can just take a year off studies for travelling, as an example, and then they find it harder to complete studies when they get back. I think it's important to take a break sometimes, as long as you know you will get straight back to your studies again.
    Good luck hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumpmakes2 View Post
    I'm about to finish my cert 3 through Empower which is online and I'm going
    to start my diploma soon. My
    Cert was a traineeship but not sure how it will work with my diploma. It has been easier being in a centre as you have all the resources and help and you can get ticked off for certain things. I'm going to do my diploma through ECTARC though as our centre is changing who they do their study through. Whereabouts are you located?
    I'm in Adelaide