+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diploma of Children's Services?

Has anyone done theirs?

Did you do it as part of a work traineeship or on your own?

Was it hard?

I'll be completing my Cert 3 in Children's Services in a few weeks and I am considering doing my diploma, just not sure whether to try get it as part of a traineeship type deal or do it through TAFE on my own?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i did mine i completed my cert 3 as a traineeship then enrolled in my diploma and started working as a group leader and because i was working as goup leader at the time the tafe lady use to come out and watch me in the room and i use to pass the modules as rpl and i finished my diploma in less then a year it is a bit harder then cert 3 similar stuff but way more in depth if i can remember i has been 3-4yrs since i completed mine, i did it through Bremer tafe.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh excellent. Thanks heaps for that information!

Thanks
    Reviews

I did my diploma via correspondence with ECTARC they are a new company. They were fantastic. I was employed in a childcare which made it easier. Wasn't that hard, and they provided lots of reading materials.
    Defiantly worth doing!

Thanks
    Reviews

That should read a NSW company not a new one sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Diploma of Children's Services?

I know that good starts all round Austria do diploma traineeships. I know you in now and me in Perth but there are centres everywhere that need qqualifies and here are numerous companies that do them online etc. Have you asked your coordinator or manager?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I did the 18mths course all through TAFE and I sort of now wish I did a traineeship just so I did have a job while studying. I decided not to being a single mum and thought it would've been too much stress on my body.
    Now I've been finished since July 2012 and I haven't got a job in a centre. I've done relief work with C&K kindys but I did nanny work for about 6months.
    Now I'm looking for work again in centres or nanny/babysitting work.
    For health and family reasons I can't do full time work, so this makes it harder to obtain a job in centres.

I have been thinking of going down the FDC route so I can work my own hours and days. But that is on hold until later this year or start up next year as my son will be in primary school.

So if you can do it, do your diploma as a traineeship. It'll be more beneficial for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=PinkSmarties;7062815]Has anyone done theirs?

Did you do it as part of a work traineeship or on your own?

Was it hard?

I partially completed this course before I fell hopelessly in love with my man...

I would have to say that doing it through TAFE is a better way to go, they usually have days when parents can bring in their children through "play day" events.

Private institutions, and other online, etc. (I can't speak for traineeships done at the Childcare centre, but I can image that this is via correspondance?).
    Anyways, all of the above are much harder to do, as the same standard is expected as the standards that TAFE has. But, TAFE has better resources to complete this course.

I completed a certificate 3 in Children's Services via a private institution, and it was very hard because we did 6 months of work in a 3 month period. It was tough. I have heard that there may be some differences in the course deliveries and executions at different locations of TAFE instituitions, this is a rumour though, so chose a course that can provide the best facilities to deliver the course.

It is after a very hands on course, but you still have a lot of work to do, and it's helpful to have someone there who can guide you through it, not just a childcare center manager.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    I did the 18mths course all through TAFE and I sort of now wish I did a traineeship just so I did have a job while studying. I decided not to being a single mum and thought it would've been too much stress on my body.
    Now I've been finished since July 2012 and I haven't got a job in a centre. I've done relief work with C&K kindys but I did nanny work for about 6months.
    Now I'm looking for work again in centres or nanny/babysitting work.
    For health and family reasons I can't do full time work, so this makes it harder to obtain a job in centres.

I have been thinking of going down the FDC route so I can work my own hours and days. But that is on hold until later this year or start up next year as my son will be in primary school.

So if you can do it, do your diploma as a traineeship. It'll be more beneficial for you.
    I think Family Day care centers are a great idea... If your area has a higher demand for childcare, you might *might* be able to have higher prices.

One lady who runs a family Day care centre through a part of her house, asks for $45 a day, she is in North Ryde NSW. Which is I think about the same a community based childcare centre, I'm just estimating, but I remember reading this online.

Here in North Strathfield Sydney, the prices for childcare centres are around $85-$90 a day, and I don't drive so I can;t go to any of the other cheaper ones...

Yeah just thought I would add that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm about to finish my cert 3 through Empower which is online and I'm going
    to start my diploma soon. My
    Cert was a traineeship but not sure how it will work with my diploma. It has been easier being in a centre as you have all the resources and help and you can get ticked off for certain things. I'm going to do my diploma through ECTARC though as our centre is changing who they do their study through. Whereabouts are you located?