+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We signed up for cable with their 6 month contract - first 3 months starter pack was free + free installation. I went with the Lifestyle channels package + the doco channels. Sorry not sure what the packages are called. It is working out to $25 p/month first 3 months and $65 p/month for the last 3 months. So total cost for the 6 month contract = $45 p/month.
    Not sure if I'll continue it when it runs out. Maybe. I tend to watch the same 3-4 shows anyway, it's all very repetitive.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We pay $19.50 per month for a very basic Foxtel package via our XBox.
    It's pretty basic though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    We pay $19.50 per month for a very basic Foxtel package via our XBox.
    It's pretty basic though!
    We previously had this too, but cancelled it a couple of months ago! I mainly watched Lifestyle You. In the end we were hardly using it.

We are keen on getting the sports package so that we can watch our rugby league team play each week (it's the only sport we watch). Some games are free to air but many of them are Pay TV only.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    As per the title - how much does it cost you per month to have pay TV?

And do you have it bundled in with your home phone/internet package, or through Foxtel directly?

I've heard if you go through Foxtel directly, it's easier to negotiate a better deal when your contract expires (?)

The offer I'm looking at is $60 p/m, which is the basic package plus sports. Our rental property already has the satellite/connection, which should make it easier to get started.
    We go through Austar and pay $48 per month for basics plus sport. No HD though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've got the iqhd deal directly through fixtel with an extra box in the rumpus, so $145 a month I think on the full package.

I did call them last month and ask them to collect the second box and mentioned that we were thinking of getting rid of it all together and they offered $40 a month off the package.

Its worth the discussion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pay TV - how much does it cost YOU per month?

I miss my foxtel. Hoping to talk dp into getting it again once we move in a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Toomanyboys View Post
    We've got the iqhd deal directly through fixtel with an extra box in the rumpus, so $145 a month I think on the full package.

I did call them last month and ask them to collect the second box and mentioned that we were thinking of getting rid of it all together and they offered $40 a month off the package.

Its worth the discussion!
    Yeh when I had it I had 2 boxes I rang to tell then I wanted to cancel and they said I could hve full package and the second box for nothing if I stay. I did stay fr a while but we needed to cut costs so ended up canceling down the track!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Degrassi- i just asked my friend who works for telstra you save 10% when you add foxtel to your bundle (thats foxtel alone).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (05-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I had a big stuff around with foxtel & complained so they ended up giving me every channel but movies and sports for free for 6 months (only first month in) so I only pay $30 a month atm. They are really easy to negotiate with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    $110 direct with foxtel for an iq box and every package except sport. We called up a few months back asking about canceling due to perceived lack of value and they gave us 2 months at half price.

Got a letter from them the other day saying the price is going down (which is a first!!!) by $12 from next month.