+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best Baby Food Processor

I'm a new mother and I need some advice about baby food processors. I love the idea of knowing everything that I feed to my baby! I'm not sure what type of processors are the best but I found this website and I'm curious if any of you guys have had an experience with these and what your thoughts are? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

http://www.squidoo.com/best-baby-food-processors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Best Baby Food Processor

I just used a stick blender or my normal food processor. I don't get specific baby food processors, seem like a bit of a gimmick to me. What's the point??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (05-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piffle View Post
    I just used a stick blender or my normal food processor. I don't get specific baby food processors, seem like a bit of a gimmick to me. What's the point??
    Agree. You don't need special equipment to purée veg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got the bellini from target it's a steamer blender combo for $33 (from memory) its great!
    I wasn't going to get one because I could steam on the stove and blend in the normal blender but when I saw the price I couldn't help myself and it's been really handy because it's made for small portions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was having my baby I was SURE I wanted to get a baby steamer/blender .... But thought I'd wait til they were on sale or see if someone bought us one as a gift ... Baby came along and well, I never got around to buying one!
    When our bub started solids a month ago he went straight onto food he could eat himself, or food I could mash with a fork.
    bananas, avocado, apricot, toast etc ....
    now he's been eating for a month and he still eats whatever he can feed himself, and some mashed foods, but we have also found we can just chuck steamed veggies, rice etc into the ordinary blender and it works just brilliantly.

so short answer .... You don't need anything ''special"but they do look cool and fun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also agree that a stick blender and saucepan is the most you need. Steam the veg or boil in just a small amount of water (otherwise it gets bland). The advantage of this is whenever you are cooking veg for dinner you just throw a few extra in the saucepan and blend them up afterwards.

IMO covered ice cube trays would be a better way to spend your money if you want to do most of your own food. I ended up always covering my trays in plastic wrap while they froze otherwise the food tasted 'fridgey' (would transfer into ziplok bags once frozen).

Thanks
    Reviews

I bought a kenwood tri blade and I LOVE it! Was quick and easy to make my babies food but after it has practical use in the kitchen after. They are a bit pricy but worth it :-) and its has a few different attachments so you can make lumpy food too later on :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    I bought a kenwood tri blade and I LOVE it! Was quick and easy to make my babies food but after it has practical use in the kitchen after. They are a bit pricy but worth it :-) and its has a few different attachments so you can make lumpy food too later on :-)
    I have this too! It's awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just use a cheapie stick blender, spoon purée into big ice cube trays, seal in a big ziplock bag which I reuse, freeze, then pop cubes out into smaller ziplock bags. At the end of each day I put cubes into three plastic bowls in the fridge and they defrost overnight, ready for the next day's meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopeg View Post
    I just use a cheapie stick blender, spoon purée into big ice cube trays, seal in a big ziplock bag which I reuse, freeze, then pop cubes out into smaller ziplock bags. At the end of each day I put cubes into three plastic bowls in the fridge and they defrost overnight, ready for the next day's meals.

This ^^
    otherwise you end up with just one more appliance filling up your kitchen!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Toomanyboys For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (05-02-2013)