+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do You Celebrate Your Birthday?

I used to celebrate it, DH used to spoil me and I spoilt him for his. But now it just seems to be another day. Finances are pretty low here so we don't do much.

I had my 30th in nov and DH took me to dinner and a comedy show with two of our friends. We had a great night. We used to go all out though. Invited lots of people, spent too much on gifts etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    lese82, Im sorry to hear you've had such a bad start. I would have told DF to go scr3w himself.

You mentioned money is tight, but if you have a couple of dollars spare you should pop down the shop today and buy a packet cake mix. When the kids get home from school, have them make you a cake. Your kids are old enough to realise that it's your special day and they need to make an effort for you. Hopefully after they've made the cake, they'll also think to make you a card each. If they start fighting again remind them it's your special day and you want no fighting on it.

Birthdays are a big deal and it's very poor form of your DF to not make any effort. Birthdays don't need big money spent on them but the birthday person should be shown love and consideration so they know how much they are cherished.

I hope your day improves. Happy Birthday!

Thanks
    Reviews

Lese82; Happy Birthday!

Here it's pretty low key. Card, present, etc. The kids are a big deal though, but for DH and I it's no big fuss - we're both close to Christmas & New Year so sometimes we just tie the celebrations all together.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do You Celebrate Your Birthday?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY lese82!!!

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by felicita View Post
    Don't really celebrate adult birthdays. I'm just a bit meh about "Yay, I didn't die this past year."
    Once you get older then that's a big deal, so birthdays from about 80/85/90 upwards are worth celebrating. When you're a child it's also a big deal, especially as so many things depend upon age when you're young. But I just don't get the excitement for adult birthdays.
    I think celebrating that your still alive is rather a great reason !!
    Life is so short and many ( such as my mum) will not celebrate their 80/90 birthdays etc..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lese82, Happy Birthday to you!!

Everyone should have a cake and be sung too. Can't supply you with a cake, but am singing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Firstly happy birthday for tomorrow lese82 :-)

I enjoy celebrating other people's birthdays more then my own. I make a big deal out of DD's birthday. But feel uncomfortable making a fuss of my own.

I'd rather attend a party for someone else and help celebrate their birthday then my own the spot light on myself to be the birthday girl is uncomfortable.

I do enjoy my birthday just prefer something low key with people close to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nope

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

DP and my birthday are one day apart, so we usually do a joint dinner with each of our families. We don't really do presents for each other, by choice. We might just buy something together, like an iPad or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Do You Celebrate Your Birthday?

I do now. Its only low key but DS really loves birthdays so we celebrate. This year i am going out with people from work so need to organise a sitter for the weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub