+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do You Celebrate Your Birthday?

My birthday is fast approaching.. Ok its tomorrow and my DD is Thursday. I know that DF has no card from him or kids and nothing planned for tomorrow due to lack of finances. We are having a BBQ on Saturday for Both mine and DD birthday and the emphasis will be on her. Am i little bit disappointed that there is nothing from DF tomorrow yeah a little bit but I am happy with a coffee made for me and dinner cooked..
    Do you make a big deal about your birthday or is it just another day in your house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

No, mine gets forgotten about. If I'm lucky my grandma will call and my mum will call around 10pm. It hurts as its the day my dad died so everyone forgets about him too, or that's how I see it.

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always make a big deal of my DH and kid's birthday...but DH does nothing for me This year I'm going to spend my birthday interstate with gfs.

Happy Birthday for tomorrow xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Birthdays are pretty big here. Happy birthday for tomorrow

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Its just another day in our house.....so last year I decided that I would do something nice for my birthday every year by buying myself a fancy pants birthday cake. Not a shop cake....I mean get one specially made from a cakemaker. Last year I got Snow White themed cupcakes and I loved them. Was nice to have something just for me.....even if I did have to organise it for myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I share my birthday with dd1 and my fil, so no, i don't celebrate. The whole day revolves around these two and I am lucky if anyone remembers about me. Ho Hum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks.. Lincolns Mummy
    I think thats whats getting me abit. I made a big deal about DF. I always do about the kids...
    He doesnt have a licence so its not like he can duck down shops either but still he has plently of warning lol. DD does a count down from Christmas lol..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Do You Celebrate Your Birthday?

I get a card & present and we usually go to dinner.
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Birthdays are huge in our house as well, I think it's important to show DS it's not always about him! He's at that age now where he understands birthdays so we make cards, he helps wrap presents ect my DH is pretty good, my family are so big on celebrations/presents he has no choice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DF sees it as just another day but I looooooove birthdays so I like to make a big deal about them and he puts in the effort to make me happy.

Happy birthday for tomorrow!!