+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Pain in right site near bottom of ribs... ideas?

Sometime at work this started today.

It's a pain, it kind of reminds me of a stitch, but it hurts only when I'm positioned certain ways, or I burp, or hiccup or something like that.

It's only the right side, it's only JUST on the front, it's almost on the side... but it's JUST made the cut-off to my front instead. It's about an inch below my rib.

It even hurts if I bend... like I climbed over the back of our couch (being an idiot) and it felt like my ribs jabbed whatever it is that hurts.

Any idea wtf this should be?

I don't have a gallbladder, I was tested for remaining gallstones and had none... so it's unlikely to have anything to do with gallstones/gallbladder since neither exist in my body.

It's not a pain I can't live with... but it's certainly uncomfortable and limits movement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could be bowel related (charming hey!) but even though i get that pain they cant prove what it is. I get ovarian cysts that bothers me up around that area too. Keep an eye on it just in case it's anything more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    appendix?
    colic?
    some sort of other gut ache?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks guys.

Google keeps saying liver or gallstones...

I am familiar with anything to do with my bladder, reproductive system or kidneys... I can tell when it's them that's in pain, but I have no idea wtf this pain is coming from.

Even just laying down straight, sort of my right side, caused the pain... maybe my rib jabbed into whatever it was.

If it's not gone by tomorrow afternoon, I'll get it seen to.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think it's worse today... The vibrations caused by just walking are hurting it.

To the doctors I will go tomorrow...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

How annoying for you. Don't forget that the source of the pain may be unrelated to the actual site where it hurts. 'Referred pain' in the abdomen is pretty common (e.g. Something is having a problem, but it hurts somewhere else). For example diaphragm problems often manifest as pain in the shoulder etc.

Not that this info probably helps, but at least you can stop reading about invisible gallstones lol

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm going to say appendicitis - that is how mine started, the pain is rarely localised on the site. If it gets unbearable get straight to A&E. I hope you feel well soon.