+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How often does your toddler need new shoes?

My 16mo dd has been walking for 3 months now and I got her proper shoes about 6 - 7 weeks ago. She walks a lot in her shoes. How am I meant to know when her shoes are too small & she needs new ones? Ok, so when I can't get her foot in, it's a clear sign, but surely they'll be uncomfortable before it gets that bad. How often do you need to get new shoes for your toddler?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I was told that their feet grow 1-2 sizes every 3 months (by a shoe salesperson...) but I didn't find that with DD1. DD2 has faster growing feet and went from a 5.5 on her 2nd birthday to an 8 by her 3rd birthday.
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DD would go one season in the same size, now 8 and they seem to last a lot longer at the moment.

DS will often out grow his mid season and need a new pair, both mine no longer 'liked' the shoes when they get tight, and don't want them on.

You'll often see when your taking them off if their toes were squished in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter had closed in shoes from age 1 and at 16mnths it looked like her foot was too big for the shoe. I took her to be sized and the poor thing was squishing her toes into a shoe that was two sizes too small. I had no idea. The salesperson said kids often fold their toes under and you wont notice and they wont complain. Since then it has been warmer weather so she has worn sandals and is currently on her second pair. Each pair lasting approx 3 mnths.