+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sure what fluttering feels like and if I'm feeling it

Hi all I'm new to the forum and this is my first pregnancy. I'm 17 weeks along and like most first time mums I worry about every little thing. I have had 3 scans so far and there has been a healthy heart beat every time. But I keep getting ppl say to me you should be feeling the little flutters by now.. Which of course makes me worry because I'm not sure if I have or not. Occasionally I get a tingling feeling down low between my pubic area and my belly button. It feels like the feeling you get in your stomach when your on a scary ride or somthing. Also another way I describe it is the funny feeling you get when you touch the inside of your belly button. So ladies let me no what you all think

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My cousin is over 20 weeks with her first and never felt flutters.
    I've felt a little, it feels different for everyone Im gathering because I've heard many people describe many different things. I don't know how to really describe what I feel, sometimes it's like I'm being tickled from the inside and other times I just feel the baby swim (no idea how to say it in words, but it's definitely baby. Nothing like you feel anywhere/anytime else)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

.. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's the hardest part it's quite hard to discribe. The way I see it it's somthing I have never felt before and it's not painful so maybe this is my way of feeling the flutters. Would just be great to hear someone else describe it the same way lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi not sure where my placenta is. I no I have had 3 scans and should no all this sort of thing but it seems that doctors mid wives and the ladies that do my ultra sounds think that I'm not really worth communicating with because I'm overweight so we don't really get to ask many questions

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Sammy, if you're carrying some extra weight as you mention then most drs and books say you probably won't feel it until a bit later. It can be normal not to feel anything up to 20 weeks sometimes.
    Don't stress in the slightest

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

Sammy86  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm 17 weeks too and I also wouldn't have a clue where my placenta is! Pfft, who cares?
    If it's previa then I don't care until later as I'm not planning on going into labour any time soon! That big hunk of meat can park itself where ever it wants to for now (but yes, if it is anterior it will block the sensation of bub moving)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

Sammy86  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone makes me feel a little bit relaxed all ready this is so stressful I dunno how woman do this several times lol. I no I shouldn't worry as it was only last week I seen the baby but it's so bloody hard lol. I no the bun must be safe and sound in there as my stomach seems to be getting that little bit harder.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    I'm 17 weeks too and I also wouldn't have a clue where my placenta is! Pfft, who cares?
    If it's previa then I don't care until later as I'm not planning on going into labour any time soon! That big hunk of meat can park itself where ever it wants to for now (but yes, if it is anterior it will block the sensation of bub moving)
    The reason I asked is because if its at the front it can mean you don't feel baby until later no need to be smart

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Not sure what fluttering feels like and if I'm feeling it

I definitely didn't feel any "flutters" or "bubbles" what I eventually felt at around 19 weeks was like something little was bumping around. However the stronger the baby gets the more different it feels.

Last night I described it as like a singular really strong heart beat, but down there and it didn't feel like that before.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub