+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Here Kitty View Post
    I wondered that!! Then I thought it might not be because no one switched it on like they normally do. You might be right though!
    It was on. Just extremely hard to make out because of the glare on it from outside.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What price rage did you put in, Buttermilk? Nearly everything I'm getting under 1.5 are apartments.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

missie_mackxxxx  (18-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    It was on. Just extremely hard to make out because of the glare on it from outside.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    Aha!!

I didn't see that at all! I must be going blind!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I still want to know where the fridges are. Apart from the boys, no one had one! I thought J&J's may be in the cupboard, but Fridays ep showed it wasn't. Though that's where P&A's could be. But a tiny bar fridge like the others have? Not very practical, and nowhere to put one in!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh that house is in such a bad location. Plus it's suffering from exactly the same issue as Phil and Amity's - the living space is too small for the amount of bedrooms.

You'd have to lose one of the bedrooms upstairs to make a second bathroom up there and use the fifth bedroom downstairs as a study.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, but better than 2-3 bedrooms and it's another option regardless. My point was, when buying realestate you will look at many many houses in the area and surrounds. That was one example, look up sold properties in Bondi and choose houses in the drop-down. There are heaps of 3+ beds. Amity said to them their house will sell for 100k+ because of their 3rd bedroom addition. Which is total crap, that wall cost less than 5k, anyone can do with the other 2 if they really NEED a 3bedroom home you know? People surely aren't that silly to spend an extra 100k for that? I'll be shocked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but a large part of why people will buy a house there is because of where it is, not the size.

I agree with you about a family of any more than two kids in what is effectively a two bedroom house, but with the main bedroom addition it will become a very functional family house.

Before that is done I think it is flexible enough for a family with younger children. Sharing a bedroom isn't at all uncommon in these suburbs if they want to use the other bedroom as a lounge space (I quite like the doors that mean it can be closed off even as a lounge) but if they want separate bedrooms there is still the mezzanine space.

I'm not saying it's spacious but I do think it's a perfectly good size for a semi in that part of Bondi and it's flexible.

It's also finished. Families wanting to renovate wouldn't be looking at houses like that. They'd just be moving the surfboards in and heading to the beach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was looking, this is what they're competeing with:
    http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...ondi-113219931
    http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...ondi-113292831
    http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...ondi-113046095
    and plenty other 3+bedroom homes in the area. http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/pro...sw+2026/list-1
    To compete with 3bd+homes in the area, they have alot of competition. I stand by my point there are many many houses in the area that are big/bigger than whats on offer, there aren't limited options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes but with the exception of the New Street one they are all in a higher price bracket.

The boys and the Js have a reserve around $1.3m, the Ds around $1.4m and P&A around $1.5m (based on the price ranges they appear in on a Domain search).

None of those others kick in until over $1.6m.
    Last edited by NancyBlackett; 18-03-2013 at 12:05.