+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The houses are in Bondi, people with money are going to buy them and they like high end finishes. Josh and Jenna have used that, marble in the bathrooms and kitchen, she is doing magazine quality work. People will commission her for their projects, they don't care if she is a *****, I'm a designer myself, this show has boosted her profile and showed what she can do.
    Amity and Phil, besides their 3rd bedroom they're doing the most out of the house, but it's not a muti-million dollar designed home, there is no high end finishes, but if you're looking for a house with a warm natural homy feel and lots of rooms, they've done that. I like them, I think as a home (for me) I really like theirs, I liked they did a 2nd bathroom and mez level. But in a design point of view, they are just doing it to win a auction, there is no interior design skills to show off, not like Jenna has, it's a different calibre.

In saying all that, Dan and Dani just showed how bad they are doing and have to resort to this sort of game playing just to win anything!! They need to concentrate more on designing cause they're not doing that well.
    And Amity is abit of sore loser herself, she gets upset when she loses, she doesnt congratulate the others when they win either and before she knew anything she told off Dan and Dani for using the point on them which was wrong for her to do. Besides how they did it, they had the right to use it. They've won a heap of money, if not winning this week means they'll lose the auction I think there is something wrong there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttermilk View Post
    The houses are in Bondi, people with money are going to buy them and they like high end finishes. Josh and Jenna have used that, marble in the bathrooms and kitchen, she is doing magazine quality work. People will commission her for their projects, they don't care if she is a *****, I'm a designer myself, this show has boosted her profile and showed what she can do.
    Amity and Phil, besides their 3rd bedroom they're doing the most out of the house, but it's not a muti-million dollar designed home, there is no high end finishes, but if you're looking for a house with a warm natural homy feel and lots of rooms, they've done that. I like them, I think as a home (for me) I really like theirs, I liked they did a 2nd bathroom and mez level. But in a design point of view, they are just doing it to win a auction, there is no interior design skills to show off, not like Jenna has, it's a different calibre.

In saying all that, Dan and Dani just showed how bad they are doing and have to resort to this sort of game playing just to win anything!! They need to concentrate more on designing cause they're not doing that well.
    And Amity is abit of sore loser herself, she gets upset when she loses, she doesnt congratulate the others when they win either and before she knew anything she told off Dan and Dani for using the point on them which was wrong for her to do. Besides how they did it, they had the right to use it. They've won a heap of money, if not winning this week means they'll lose the auction I think there is something wrong there.
    Agree 100%! No one cares if the interior designer is a *****, all they care about is if they can actually design!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm surprised with the same budget as the others how J&J have marble in their kitchen and bathroom. I know they have won some rooms but still?

They way the 4 of them ran off at the end and carried on like 10 year old girls is embarrassing. Running away from
    Cameras on a reality show? Lol
    Last edited by MummaJez; 11-03-2013 at 08:53.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've sacked interior designers for being a b*tch and know others that have to. You have to have personality. Hers is coming across badly. That's all I was saying.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GDYB03 For This Useful Post:

happy wanderer  (11-03-2013),missie_mackxxxx  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think she is that bad, but I guess we see it differently.
    I hope after this they just make up and move on though, I don't want to see nastiness all week, it ruins the show.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 4 have come off very nasty and selfish this year. I was a big fan of J&J but totally put off them now. I wouldn't want to work for/with a designer like that either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved marks Duncan and dales kitchen it was amazing! loved the purple. shame they didnt finish. I didnt really like P&A''s kitchen but loved the extra level! Jenna's was the best by far i loved theres. I use to like dans and danni's but not so much anymore they are not focusing as much,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would anyone like that mirror in the kitchen jnj had? I think that would totally annoy me to always see myself in the kitchen! I hate long mirrors. Probably not stylish, but a chalk board would be good, my kids would loved that!

And one more issue, d&d's island bench, it doesn't seem practical? Like its been plocked there, but it doesn't serve a purpose? Can you sit there, would you take all your ingredients to it to do food prep? It seemed out of place to me and bad design. Suprising since she spent so much time on it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttermilk For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GDYB03 View Post
    J & J are just sore losers all the time and always have something negative to say when it comes to other teams esp amity n Phil. I would be tempted to punch all 4 of those 'gen y" group in the face if I saw them. They are so mean.
    D&D are coming to a local Mitre 10, and my first thought was "why does it have to be them, can't we get someone good like the boys or P&A!" I'm not impressed with the 4 young ones. B!tchy little school girls.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

GDYB03  (11-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Buttermilk I said the same thing to DH!! I would HATE a mirror in the kitchen!! It would do my head in

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

Buttermilk  (11-03-2013)