+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    All the time. I don't have any really close friends and I feel the ones who do visit do it out of obligation, etc. And we have nothing to talk about except kids.

And I also feel rejected by DH. So quite lonely really
    i am lonely too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ever feel a bit rejected...?

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post

My mum passed away a few years ago, and Dad married again fairly quickly. Since then, I have to make all the effort, and it's pretty clear I'm not a priority for him. And he didn't buy any papers either
    I'm so sorry to hear that your mum wasn't here to see how fabulous you were

I know it sounds a bit silly but I just think even when DD is 50, if she's in the paper or something similar I will be at the newsagent at 6am waiting to get a copy to frame! Haha...oh well, I am thankful that I have a wonderful MIL who bought several copies of all of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I think people are becoming more and more antisocial. It idea of going out and meeting people is more appealing than the process. Plus alot of people have public and social anxieties now ( ) so its harder for them to comfortably seek new friendships and keep up with them.

Hugs OP...I doubt its 'you'
    The irony is they are all addicted to Facebook! The social network. What a joke. I call it the anti-social network as I believe people spend so much time social networking online they have little energy for social interaction in real life. Not everyone but a lot. I know my sister for example pretty much only calls me because I'm not on Facebook so I can't keep up with her news. Instead we have a 45 minute phone call every week. I know what I prefer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Ever feel a bit rejected...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    The irony is they are all addicted to Facebook! The social network. What a joke. I call it the anti-social network as I believe people spend so much time social networking online they have little energy for social interaction in real life. Not everyone but a lot. I know my sister for example pretty much only calls me because I'm not on Facebook so I can't keep up with her news. Instead we have a 45 minute phone call every week. I know what I prefer.
    DP has friends who regularly say "I don't hear much from you these days" or has people whinging in Facebook that no one makes an effort to call or text him anymore. Why would anyone need to if people live their every waking moment through Facebook.

You pretty much sum up my thinking.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wantmore View Post
    Do you still have her number I would contact her and just ask if she wants to meet up. And see what happens
    never too late, just say you didn't realise how much time has passed, chances are she wont have either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Yes, the last 6 months have been hell for me to be honest. Have lost my DH (while pregnant) & one of my besties. The other bestie has been very distant since DH left (hasn't offered any support at all).

My only other really close friend lives on the other side of the country
    Gosh! I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you have some other family around who support you at bit, that's a hard thing to go through . Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 20:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to work harder at making new friends and I'm gearing myself up for some rejection along the way. I'm a pretty strong personality and some people just don't like the way I am but I'm too old to change.

I wouldn't worry too much about having 3 months pass before ringing another mum - I work 4 days a week so Monday is my day for getting jobs done and meeting up with friends. Between the kids getting sick and appointments it can take me months to arrange meet ups but most of my friends are far too busy to wonder where I've been or why I haven't been in touch.

To any lonely ladies I always have time for more friends online even if I struggle to make time IRL.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, I've had this my whole life. I think it's because i'm a bit weird though, mainly my sense of humour, I'm also a bit socially awkward. Luckily I've got 3 best friends who are also very weird, but 2 of them live in another state. I've often tried to make new friends here but people I meet are either not weird enough or too weird lol I need someone in the middle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear that your mum wasn't here to see how fabulous you were

I know it sounds a bit silly but I just think even when DD is 50, if she's in the paper or something similar I will be at the newsagent at 6am waiting to get a copy to frame! Haha...oh well, I am thankful that I have a wonderful MIL who bought several copies of all of them
    Aww, thank you. She'd have bought the paper I think Going on 5 years and I still miss her every day

I'd be the same if it was my DD! She was in a magazine once, I bought that ASAP! And in the local paper, it's still on the fridge
    Last edited by Atropos; 05-02-2013 at 21:25.