+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Ever feel a bit rejected...?

As in you put yourself out there for a friendship with someone you like... and they sort of don't return it. Sigh.
    It's not the biggest deal in the world... just feel like I can't be bothered putting energy into people sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes but remember people may not be up for a friendship with you for lots of reasons ie

They may be genuinely busy with their kids, life, husband , work etc.

They may have lots of friends already and may be happy with the amount they have.

They may have issues with their family/ kids/ dp/ other friends and may not have the emotional energy to deal with making a new friend...

They may not be the friend making type ie I know some people who don't really have friends and are happy with that.

It may just be any if those reasons and not necessarily that they don't like you or want you as a friend.

Oh I just thought if another, sometimes I really like someone but can't be bothered pursuing a friendship as I don't really feel we have much in common.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (04-02-2013),Kiplusthree  (05-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ps where do you live?

Have you considered joining a meetup group? There are stacks of people wanting to hang out , I joined a single parent one and its the best thing I ever did. If you keep putting yourself out there you'll make friends...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

All the time. I always rind people, try to arrange play dates, visit people (not over the top either)

I found out my mum and sister went to the zoo and didn't invite us, they also went to the wax museum and to roller skating.

So I'm done trying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Ever feel a bit rejected...?

Often. I am learning not to let it get to me anymore though.

I used to try so hard with friendships but I've been burned quite a few times in the last 12 months and have lost trust in people because of it... so for now I have 3 close friends and I'm fine with that.

Hugs to you OP, it's not a fun feeling at all xo

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes by my mum. We used to be very close and since I've had kids she is always too busy and always working. Makes me very sad :-(

With friends I try to remember the saying friends are yours for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Makes the coming and going easier to understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave up trying long ago.

Thanks
    Reviews

All the time. I don't have any really close friends and I feel the ones who do visit do it out of obligation, etc. And we have nothing to talk about except kids.

And I also feel rejected by DH. So quite lonely really

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Big time at the moment. I opened myself up and made a great friend. I loved having someone to call and do stuff with. Then I introduced her to a mutual friend now I don't hear from either of them.
    I know I sound like a child, but its really hard for me to make friends. As someone just said. My friends always just seem to be around for a season...

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, the last 6 months have been hell for me to be honest. Have lost my DH (while pregnant) & one of my besties. The other bestie has been very distant since DH left (hasn't offered any support at all).

My only other really close friend lives on the other side of the country