+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Is anyone up for a weight loss challenge?

I've been talking with Bub Hub about the idea of having a new weight loss challenge. The Zumba challenge helped me so immensely, sure the $5,000 incentive was great but it was the challenge itself that kept me going, it really was a life-changing experience. I'm pleased to report that even after Christmas, holidays and my 30th birthday party, I'm still 1.3kgs down from the weight I was at the end of the challenge.

So, is anyone up for a group challenge? I don't know what the parameters would be (and alas, there wouldn't be $5k in it) but we would have our own section of the forum to post in where we could support each other along our weight loss journeys.

Is anyone interested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    How does it work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations! I followed the Zumba diaries and found them really inspiring. I have my final 5kg to lose and it's going to be the hardest I think. I would love to join in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Yes please count me in. How is this one going to work?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Is anyone up for a weight loss challenge?

I'm keen too!

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Well we'd have our own section in the forum to post in. I was thinking that we could keep our diaries in the format that Nomsie did hers with each of us having our own thread for our personal diaries plus we could have general chat threads going as we liked and for those that wanted to, a measurements and results thread too. I was thinking maybe an eight week challenge to begin with? Four weeks is too short but twelve weeks is too daunting!

I found that having the support of other people who were committed to the same goal was such a huge assistance in losing weight. The important thing is that when you do slip that you don't stumble completely and having people there to say "yes you skipped a workout/ate some chocolate but you can get up and keep going!" is so helpful.

All that being said, for those that are interested, what do you think is a good start date?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (08-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm totally in My weight has been gradually creeping up higher and higher the last year.

Thanks
    Reviews

Count me in! I need to lose my baby weight soon as bub is nearly one

Thanks
    Reviews

Count me in too! I've been dieting fr a while now- my ds is one at the end of this month & so far I've lost 25kgs since before I fell pregnant (i was quite overweight before preg) I just have the final 10ish kgs to loose to be a healthy weight & I need the motivation to continue

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I'm so stoked that so many people are interested! I'm thinking the start date should be February 15th so it gives a week and a half for anyone who's interested to join in.

We need a name for our section of the forum, I don't want it to be "Goblin Queen's Weight Loss Challenge" lol because it's not about me, it's about everyone. Does anyone have any ideas for a name for the challenge? I was hoping for something inspiring or empowering but I can't come up with anything! Thoughts?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Hokey Pokey  (08-02-2013)