+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    I think I will watch and see how she goes. I am hoping that teacher's have access to information on the children they are teaching so that I don't have to re-tell the situation surrounding my children.

Although their principal is away for most of the term and he knows the entire situation and it would be best for him to tell the teacher I guess.

She seems okay this afternoon. We have had a bit of a chat, and she says she is going to try and talk to the teacher herself in the future.

If something is upsetting her it usually comes out at bedtime or before school the next day. So I will wait and see I guess.

Thank you everyone!!
    I don't think the teacher did the wrong thing, but I think if she knew your DD's situation, she may have approached things differently. I definitely think you should arrange a time to have a chat to her about what's happened, rather than waiting for the principal to come back, especially if he is away for most of the term. You wouldn't want her to regress in her behaviour.

Her reaction this afternoon sounds fantastic, btw!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to angelini For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (04-02-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Resilience in young girls (primary school)

Hope your DD did ok with it all.
    I have a sensitive 8yr old DD, i can really sympathise! I find it so frustrating at times I've talked till I'm blue in the face, but it just seems to be who she is, she is the same age, her teacher deals with it the same way OJandme described seems to be working, well-most of the time

I'm all for teaching resilience, but I wouldn't like to be spoken to that way at work so wouldn't be happy for DD to be spoken to that way either.
    Don't feel pressured by the teacher, you know you child best

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sparklebug For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (04-02-2013)