+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why has feeding time just become a struggle?

As the title says, feed time has all of a sudden started to become a struggle and a fight!

My 8mth old used to eat really well and over the last 2 weeks its been getting harder and more stressfull with each feed.

He's becoming fussy, he won't pick up food and feed himself, i have to cut each thing up into bite sized pieces and put each piece into his mouth, he bats my hand out of the way when i have a spoon full of food ready to go in his mouth. He whinges, he cries, he screems, he blows raspberries with his mouth, he won't open his mouth, and he's not eating as much as he was.

To get him to eat anything is a real hasssel and i dread every meal time now. The other day, he was so bad at dinner time, that I gave up and didn't try to give him anymore, and he went to bed after a bottle and then was awake for hours and hours during the night and I gave him a bottle at 1am and he then slept for a few hours... he has not had a bottle during the night since he was about 10 weeks old because he always sleeps through!!

hints and tips anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Is it just his food thats worrying you? My DD did the same thing and then we had a couple horrible nights. Turns out she had an ear infection despite seeming happy during the day. Day three of ear drops and sleep is back to normal and so is eating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMouse81 View Post
    Is it just his food thats worrying you? My DD did the same thing and then we had a couple horrible nights. Turns out she had an ear infection despite seeming happy during the day. Day three of ear drops and sleep is back to normal and so is eating
    I'm actualy going to get his ears etc checked today, but he has been extra grumpy, however I thought that was just teething. but he cut his 2nd tooth 3 days ago so i thought things would of settled down now it's through...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I thought the same thing as we just got two teeth through also! I also thought that DD might have just wanted to feed herself but as soon as the drops started working she was happy to be spoonfed again. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Why has feeding time just become a struggle?

He's probably just not that hungry at the moment. If he doesn't seem interested just don't push it and offer again next meal time. Why stress about it. They go through phases of not rating anything and then being ravenous all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Give him extra milk during the day so he sleeps well for you. Food is fun till 1yo so it's normal for bub to be disinterested.