+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fellow caravan owners

Wow that's a huge list it's amazing how much of everyday stuff you need
    I love the comment of setting up is a spectator sport well DH and I are sure to give people a show. We have four kids running crazy and trying to set up always ends in an argument lol

Using a gazebo as flooring is a great idea!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onelasttime For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Fellow caravan owners

Can I just add something from my caravaning aunty:

Plenty of $1 and $2 coins.

She says there nothing worse then having to do washing but only having notes and nowhere to break it.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi SM yes haven't seen to many on the road but they get a great write up and TBH they have been fantastic with us, making little changes etc.

SD fantastic list I will double check what we do and don't carry in the camper trailer now and what I need to get!

We are planning to take the van up the east coast of Aus as out first big run out (last year we did the NT and WA in our camper trailer - great trip but over the whole putting it up packing it away thing, hence the van).

Who's planning to go where?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodle73 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, definitely need the coins! Thanks Dancing Chipmunk . We have a coin jar with all sorts of loose change. $1, $2 and 20c coins seem to be the most useful.

Onelasttime- sometimes we've argued on the way, or during set up, to the point that I want to stop & go home! My DH gets a bad set of crankypants in that phase. He wants to look all expert & super-efficient for the 'spectators' . 4 kids running around will surely add to the fun, and the stuff you have to take!! We tried the shadecloth flooring for the first time on our last trip. Heaps better than a tarp, not too hot to stand on & no puddles if it rains.

Noodle- we generally stick to within 1-2hrs of Sydney for little weekend getaways. We love Wollondilly River Station in the southern highlands, Lake Lyell (near Lithgow), Easts Beach Kiama, and Belmont Pines (near Newcastle). Further south we have been to Jervis Bay and Kioloa, both lovely places. I'd love to do NT and WA, bet that was amazing! We have no plans for any big trips at the moment unfortunately. I hope your van is perfect when you pick it up and the maiden trip along the East Coast is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes a jar of coins is great. I did get stuck last time and had to hand wash some clothes!!!

We are looking at Noosa for Easter, Tweed for Sept and our big trip to north NSW. Thinking between Yamba and Halliday Point.

We usually go away during holidays and long weekends .

Our aim before Easter is to paint and relay Lino down. Our caravan just needs TLC and she's getting it.

My hubby in putting a huge pic of Australia on the back and every place we go we are adding to the map. Hmm typical Aussies we are lol

My hubby is the same for the "spectators" he tries to look professional. Even so last trip he was trying to beat the couple next to us and ripped our annexe while taking it off. And the fight started lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle73 View Post
    We are planning to take the van up the east coast of Aus as out first big run out (last year we did the NT and WA in our camper trailer - great trip but over the whole putting it up packing it away thing, hence the van).

Who's planning to go where?
    Quote Originally Posted by onelasttime View Post
    We are looking at Noosa for Easter, Tweed for Sept and our big trip to north NSW. Thinking between Yamba and Halliday Point.

We usually go away during holidays and long weekends .
    Our reason started off with a big 12month trip. It's been revised and revisited many times and at the moment it's standing at a 3month trip beginning Feb 2014, heading south from NSW, along the Great Ocean Road and up to Uluru, across to QLD and back down to NSW. But apart from that, I hope to get to South West Rocks for 2 weeks for the October long weekend with smaller trips taken before hand for 2-3 nights over the weekends.

Thanks
    Reviews

Some fantastic trips planned ladies

I will confess to spectating, that and always chatting to people about what they have and what works well, it's a great way to pick up hints and tips! We are planning on more free camping with the van as it has been set up so we are self sufficient with solar etc. so many places so little time .

Thanks
    Reviews

Well we picked up "Mick" tonight and are currently swapping everything out of the camper trailer into him! Super happy, I'm in LOVE ImageUploadedByBub Hub1360661606.396337.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow- looks so purty Noodle. When's the first trip?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Noodle! Mick looks awesome