+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kitchen Confessional: The Plastics Cupboard

No matter how much I try, I cannot seem to keep my plastic containers/cupboard nice and tidy. It always returns to its original dog's breakfast state within a week.

Please tell me I'm not alone! Let us share and embrace our kitchen sin!

(Show-offs with tidy/organised cupboards are welcome too, as inspiration for the rest of us )

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Double post

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

This is mine, it's unorganized and messy, it's on my to do list this week since kids are back at school

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1359899521.509739.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

Omg its like you snuck into my house and took photos. Yup its bad. I thought i had it under control with one storage box in the pantry. But somehow its grown and taken over a corner cupboard as well. Ive tried stacking things inside each other to be neat and use less soace then i end up raging because i just cant find the matching lid. I think i have a problem :/

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes, mine is a nightmare, at first glance you think it's ok, but then you reach in to grab something- nightmare!
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of years ago I was taking prednisolone. It turns out it makes me a bit short tempered. As a consequence, when I got annoyed with the untidiness of the plastics cupboard the whole lot got tossed into a large box and taken out to the garage
    DH only got up the courage to start sneaking items back into the house 4 months later.

As of only yesterday, I've just finished rewashing or throwing out the last of the items from the box. Our cupboard has been rationalised. Spare lids and all takeaway food containers are gone. DH has started acquiring a single style of Tupperware so at least they'll stack neatly when they're not being used.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My DD plays with our so it is 'open at your own risk' as you never know how much will fall out once that door is open. Every time I tidy it she raids it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I changed to putting it in big drawers so the stuff doesn't fall out when I open the doors!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to youmake3 For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol. Mine are in a big drawer but I have so many lids and containers that don't match it's ridiculous. They are worse than socks for half going missing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by youmake3 View Post
    I changed to putting it in big drawers so the stuff doesn't fall out when I open the doors!
    Hehe this!!!

It's technically no neater than a cupboard but at least it doesn't fall out when I open it!

I hate those useless corner cupboards too btw. You need to be a contorionist to get in to the back corner of the bottom shelf if you put anything in there anyway!!