+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *Spinoff* Cordless vacuum cleaners?

From the housework thread - several people have mentioned that they love their cordless vacuum cleaners. I've often wondered about these - are they any good? Are they powerful enough, for some reason I have previously assumed they would be really weak and run out of power quickly....? Any specific recommendations?

I have a stupid hand-vac that is relatively heavy, difficult to empty and as WEAK as anything so it's scarred me a bit. But if there are actual decent cordless, light vacuum cleaners around I might ask for one for my birthday! Sad I know but I imagine it would make it a lot easier to do spot cleans?

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have an Electrolux. It's awesome!! It's a stick vac but has a detachable handheld vac. Easy to empty and is powerful enough to pick up all the dog hair off my loungeroom rug = HUGE plus!!

I use a Kirby vacuum once every few weeks to give the bedrooms a really good going over but I have tiles everywhere else.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (03-02-2013),Shoopuf  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had an average $100-$200 one and hated it.

I recently bought a $400 (or a tad more) Dyson and it is fantastic!! I bought it with some tax return money we had and it is great in the kitchen, bathroom etc. I dont have carpet (just two rugs) and it is good on the rugs if I use the MAX setting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i have the electrolux too and I love it, it's great for an in between vacuum and as PP said, gets the dog hair up too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: *Spinoff* Cordless vacuum cleaners?

That's interesting thanks! So I've been googling Electrolux vacs and the only one I can seem to find (the ergorapide or some such ) actually doesn't get very good reviews. People seem to think it's weak and the battery runs out quickly and doesn't last long til needs replacement. Do you know which model yours is?

I think Dyson is too exxy sadly - also it looks oddly top heavy, is it comfortable to use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A friend of mine has the Dyson and it's all kinds of awesome.

She got it to make housework easier for herself as she deals with a lot of pain from a back injury and can't exert herself physically (bending and stuff) like she used to.

I really, really want one now. I'm sure DH would vacuum more often if we had one too!

Can't justify paying that kind of money right now though. Might be a nice tax time splurge. Whatever the case, I'm going to get one.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews

I've had my Electrolux for 2.5 years now and it's never failed me. I put it on the charge whenever I'm not using it.

I read those reviews too and I think the ppl making those comments were using it in place of a normal vacuum whereas I don't, I use it to spot clean and then use a Kirby ($4k) once or twice a month on the carpets.

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree HugsBunny. If you use them as spot cleaners and as an 'in between' vacuum they're great.

I have the Dyson stick vac and it is brilliant for whipping around every day or two. I HATE doing a 'big' vacuum so anything that helps put that off is a winner in my books.

It does struggle if I let the dog fur build up for too long though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a Dyson 'Animal DC44' stick vacuum and I can't rave enough about it! It is awesome when I don't want to drag out the Dyson barrel vacuum and just want to do spot vacuuming or the car etc, but that said, it is powerful enough to vacuum large areas as per a 'normal' vacuum. Once it's fully charged it stays charged for ages, and when not in use it sits neatly in it's charge holder for when I need it. I have had heaps of handheld portable vacuums, but none as powerful as this one and it gets a good workout!
    Also excellent to vacuum the car which is a God send with toddler's visiting parks and sand pits etc.