+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    Why don't you tell them?
    Oh no way. Its absolutely not my place to tell them. I think they would be devastated and I think my Uncle would be devastated too.. Things were different in the late 60's and I'm sure my Uncle made the decision he thought was for the best at the time.

I cannot believe my Aunty (her brother is the one who fathered the child) told my cousin. She told him after his girlfriend fell pregnant when they were both 16. They decided they were too young and they aborted the baby. My Aunty thought it was a wise decision and told my cousin about our Uncle who has a child that he doesnt acknowledge.

Funnily enough, a few years ago my Mum and I were in the town where they all grew up and a lady said hello to my Mum and it was the woman who gave birth to my Uncle's child. Mum thinks that she kept the child (who would be in his early 40's now). It was hardly ever spoken about in their family, although my Nanna told my Mum once that she saw my Uncles girlfriend with a tiny baby but she didnt approach her.

As I said before, I honestly wish I didnt know.
    Last edited by GirlsRock; 03-02-2013 at 22:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Share your skeletons in the closet ...

Quote Originally Posted by AppleIsleSMum View Post
    My mum confided in me once about an abortion she had just after she gave birth to my sister, and she believes that's why her next child(my older brother) has Down syndrome
    I am the only one who knows, besides I assume my dad
    Down syndrome is a chromosomal abnormality, I don't think a previous abortion would have any effect on this??

Thanks
    Reviews

I've been married before. My DH, his parents, and obviously my family know about it. But none of our friends or the rest of DH's family know. They are ethnic and it's seen as shameful to them. We have kept it under wraps at the wishes of my DH. (I don't mind). I'm also only 26 so fairly young to have been divorced and remarried! I do worry what to tell our kids when they grow up though :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    Down syndrome is a chromosomal abnormality, I don't think a previous abortion would have any effect on this??
    I think she means it more for a "karma" type aspect. Like the universe/god/whatever punishing her for it. Not that the abortion did something to her body which made her baby be born with Down Syndrome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (03-02-2013)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    I think AIM means that her mum thinks she's being punished for the abortion, that's why her brother has Down's syndrome.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my best friend (my bf for nearly 25yrs now ) doesnot know her brother sexually abused me for over 5 yrs (earliest i remeber is it started at 8yrs of age). she knows i was abused but not by who...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Share your skeletons in the closet ...

Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    my best friend (my bf for nearly 25yrs now ) doesnot know her brother sexually abused me for over 5 yrs (earliest i remeber is it started at 8yrs of age). she knows i was abused but not by who...
    Oh hun. Hugs.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

My mum and my uncle are only half siblings my grandmother left my mums dad when she was one due to abuse and met my grandad shortly after. My uncle has no idea.
    My Grandmother has altzimers (sp. tired) and to My knowledge mum only ever told Me

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OS&N View Post
    Hugs Hun I'm so sorry this happened to you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wantmore For This Useful Post:

OS&N  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

My grandfather killed himself. None of the grandchildren know but me we were all told that he got sick and passed away. Well my dad told me the truth one night about what really happened no body knows that I know.

My ex in high school was addicted to speed for 2 years got me addicted to crack for about 6 months before I left him I told nobody about this at all my family thinks we just broke up.

One of my uncles is a raging alcoholic and I had to look after his children for 2 years after school and holidays due to his addiction his children thought he was working.