+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hairdresser didnt listen to my instructions - wanted to do HER style cut

My hairdresser is usually ok...she does my colour perfectly and styles my hair well. She is going through a tremendous lot in her life and she usually shares it with me. As I am getting to know her more, her life and family is pretty screwed up(and I mean that in a nice way).
    The other day I asked her for a particular style. I have fine hair and I usually cant have any layers. I wanted to have a fringe back and just have the rest of my hair cut straight.
    She told me that she would layer the sides and I told her(politely, No, I didnt want this).

Her words(angrilly)
    "You need to trust me, I know what I am doing, you will like it!""
    Well, she went ahead anyway despite my insisting NO and I don't like it.
    One half of my hair is shorter then the other and I really didnt like her attitude.
    It can't be fixed, it has to grow out. And for the first time, my colour is not so good.

Should she have listened to me?

I've also seen a decline in the hairdressing salon as other family members work there and there is now no interest or care with clients.
    One older lady got yelled at - "What's wrong now" my hairdresser asked her.

What would you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't go back. If you want a polka dot mullet, you are the customer. Sure they might say "I think such and such would suit you more". But if you say no, that's the final word... and to be so rude!

She didn't listen and she snapped your head off to trust her... then did a crap cut so clearly you can't trust her lol find another hairdresser

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Hairdresser didnt listen to my instructions - wanted to do HER style cut

Find a new salon who will listen to your requests about what you want for your own hair

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks

thanks...I am a little disappointed though as she does the BEST colour I have ever had on my hair..it's just finding a HD that will be able to achieve that same colour....As for the cut, well I wouldnt let her touch my cat's fur... shame really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did yoy let her know you weren't happy after she was done?

I've been essentially given a mullet on 2 occasions by different hairdressers *sigh*

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. I'd find someone else.
    Sorry but when you're paying for a service they don't get to tell you what you should be doing, whether they disagree with your opinion or not.

Her life problems are her problems and should have absolutely nothing to do with her work ethic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    She definitely should have listened.

She could have advised you to reconsider if she thought it would work badly with your hair, but it wasn't her place to tell you what to do and just do it despite your protests.

You could always go to her for colour, but just go elsewhere for your cut.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thanks

thanks for the advice.....and sassymummy i was also thinking same thing..go to her for colour minus cut!