Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    One thing of like to point out, whilst wealthy people usually work their a$$e off to get their higher pay (higher up roles, more stress, longer hours, more responsibilities ect) they actually barely receive any incentives from the government and get their pay taxed HALF. So in the end they actually don't end up with a huge amount in their pocket.
    I'm sure they are still doing fine :-)
    I'm taxed at 25% and considered myself rich...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love the new school tax bonus.I have had it twice and only just spent it.
    Its awesome having the money tucked away and ready to spend when I need it.No stress buying uniforms and stationary this year because I saved it.
    Tony Abbott is a douchebag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

One thing of like to point out, whilst wealthy people usually work their a$$e off to get their higher pay (higher up roles, more stress, longer hours, more responsibilities ect) they actually barely receive any incentives from the government and get their pay taxed HALF. So in the end they actually don't end up with a huge amount in their pocket.
    But that's not the point is it? Nasty rich people should be taxed MORE!

Pity we live in a capitalist society, and that isn't going to change.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We earn 50k and get taxed at around 25% I think. yet someone on $150k gets taxed 40%. Yes they pay more tax, but as a percentage the battlers aren't paying a huge amount less. Only 10-15% less to be exact.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashram View Post
    Why should wealthy people pay for your children's school supplies?
    That's a pretty poor way to look at something. Everyone works not just the wealthy, we all pay taxes, the more you earn the less you pay in tax percentage wise. Wealthy get alot of tax breaks, alot more than the average wage earner, hence why it is important they get tax breaks for basic costs.
    This is money a worker has payed in tax, why shouldn't they get the tax back?
    What do you think we all pay tax for? It's to pay for the country we live in, for each of us to have a better life, it's not the governments money, it's ours, we ALL put it in the coffers. If you don't want your taxes going back out into our hands, where do you propose it goes? They sure as hell aren't putting back into services like education or hospitals, so where is it going? Back into tax breaks for the wealthier which means they're taking it from the poorer people and giving it to the wealthy. Do you think that's fair?
    So I ask you, why should the poor pay for the wealthy's merc?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (03-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    No. But I presume her argument is that at some point before or soon after you had kids that you should have considered the cost of putting them through school. Unfortunately this also involves considering unpleasantries such as unexpected job losses/wage fluctuations and saving/planning accordingly.

Im not saying I agree with the potential cuts, just that I see her point of view.
    Of course we realised it was coming and not having the school kids bonus isn't going to kills us (we haven't actually got it yet - another story) but my goodness it helps. I do get the point that sending kids off to school isn't exactly a surprise but as a PP said, sometimes life throws curve-balls and for what ever reason you end up having financial difficulties. (Don't mind me, I'm just in a sh1tty mood tonight.)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

SpecialPatrolGroup  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    We earn 50k and get taxed at around 25% I think. yet someone on $150k gets taxed 40%. Yes they pay more tax, but as a percentage the battlers aren't paying a huge amount less. Only 10-15% less to be exact.
    At 50k you should get taxed at around 17%.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    But that's not the point is it? Nasty rich people should be taxed MORE!
    I don't think that What I do think is that we should help our most vulnerable. So that means not begrudging a single mum $400 a year when you (a general you) earn 10 times what she does and feel thankful you don't need it.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Eko  (04-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because the lower wage earners don't work as hard? You are absolutely kidding me right?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Someones Mummy For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (03-02-2013),soccer mum  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    At 50k you should get taxed at around 17%.
    hmmm, he doesn't.... which should mean we get a whopper tax return this year?? thanks for clarifying that. We noticed his tax didn't change when the threshold changed but thought nah we must be wrong lol