+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'm fairly sure after $168k they are still getting *some* of the rebate, just not the entire lot. It cutting off completely is at a huge rate. Perhaps they should just get a better job and plan better rather than expect taxpayers to fund their lifestyle choices (btw I totally don't mean that, but these are all things which are said about low income earners when one of their benefits/rebates are cut).
    Wow then they are on a good wicket then. Unsurprisingly many are getting several times more in help with this than a low income parent gets with the school bonus. And I agree. People don't seem to be putting two and two together here at the irony of some of these statements. Low income know school is coming up. Why don't they budget better? Plan better, and not expect the tax payer to pay. Don't have kids if you can't afford them..... while on 100k plus getting heaps more in rebates than the school bonus even pays if you can't afford PHI then plan, budget better. Don't expect the tax payer to help you when you earn good money

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yep, the PHI rebate is generally much higher than the school bonus. In fact, if I factor in the PHI rebate + the $457 I just got back from Medicare I am a real scammer and taxpayers would hate me!!! All of those taxpayer dollars for my lifestyle choice of being healthy and all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Yep, the PHI rebate is generally much higher than the school bonus. In fact, if I factor in the PHI rebate + the $457 I just got back from Medicare I am a real scammer and taxpayers would hate me!!! All of those taxpayer dollars for my lifestyle choice of being healthy and all.
    lol I actually don't have an issue with the rebate. As I said a few pages back I get that funding it and private schools take the pressure off the public system. So it's not that it exists that annoys me, it's the attitude and lack of insight some have. It's like upside down world, where the poor need to fend for themselves and the wealthy deserve all the kick backs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Lol! So long as you didn't receive anything to help send your kiddies to school ' the my tax bucks' brigade should be content with your windfall

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (06-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

At the end of the day everyone is going to get some form of rebate, no matter how much or little they earn. If your going to be taxed out if your pay, council rates, water rate, gst and pretty much everything else we put money towards, then everyone at some point should receive something in return if you are a contributor to the tax income of our country.

Of course the low income earners should and deserve the highest rebates however.

And let us not forget the ones who bludgeon off the system, receive state housing, drink, smoke and have fox (and I've seen many of these in the suburbs I used to live in with a high amount of state housing). These people should be stripped and housing given to single parents, struggling families, seniors who cannot afford housing or general living bills ect, disabled and unwell people in our community. But how come this never happens? How do they get away with that??? How can we stop it? That's what our government should be looking into.
    Last edited by MummaJez; 06-02-2013 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    lol I actually don't have an issue with the rebate. As I said a few pages back I get that funding it and private schools take the pressure off the public system. So it's not that it exists that annoys me, it's the attitude and lack of insight some have. It's like upside down world, where the poor need to fend for themselves and the wealthy deserve all the kick backs
    I don't think many people think this hey. I'd say the majority of people including the wealthy agree with giving to the strugglers. That comment is generalised and actually not very fair to a lot of people.
    It is the minority of people who think the poor don't deserve anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Haha yeah I know you don't, I just find some of the logic a bit amusing. That middle and high income earners get "nothing" from the government and this school bonus will send the country broke!!

I do know that attitude, and it's unfortunate. A friend of mine from school (I went to a very working class school/area) honestly thinks people sould be kicked off things like newstart/parenting payments/anything like school bonus and "get off their a$$" and her, as a middle income earner, should receive more due to the taxes she pays I'm sad to hear her speak like this, she has completely forgotten her roots and it's a kick in the teeth to our teachers who taught us better than that.

I think if you look at the rebates from CCR, the PHI rebates, solar rebates, FHOG etc the middle-higher earners cannot complain about a measley $400 school bonus for education.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    I don't think many people think this hey. I'd say the majority of people including the wealthy agree with giving to the strugglers. That comment is generalised and actually not very fair to a lot of people.
    It is the minority of people who think the poor don't deserve anything.
    I do agree, many middle and higher income earners in here have said they support help to low income families.... but several have also said in so many words the govt makes it too easy to 'sit on your butt' and people need to support themselves and their kids educational needs.... while defending high income handouts.

So in some ways it's a generalisation and in some it's right on the mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    At the end of the day everyone is going to get some form of rebate, no matter how much or little they earn. If your going to be taxed out if your pay, council rates, water rate, gst and pretty much everything else we put money towards, then everyone at some point should receive something in return if you are a contributor to the tax income of our country.

Of course the low income earners should and deserve the highest rebates however.

And let us not forget the ones who bludgeon off the system, receive state housing, drink, smoke and have fox (and I've seen many of these in the suburbs I used to live in with a high amount of state housing). These people should be stripped and housing given to single parents, struggling families, seniors who cannot afford housing or general living bills ect, disabled and unwell people in our community. But how come this never happens? How do they get away with that??? How can we stop it? That's what our government should be looking into.
    You'll probably find the small percentage who do 'blungeon' off the system are probably unwell or disabled. There are sometimes things you can't see on the outside like mental health.
    Its not like its a luxury to live in a public house on centrelink payments.
    I don't envy anyone who lives like that and I wouldn't want to make them homeless instead or increase crime rates by taking it all away.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wasn't referring to helping low income families as unnecessary spending or a waste, not at all!!