+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I'd be interested to see the administration costs differences and costs to families differences (eg time, accountants etc) between claiming at tax time and a lump sum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    But education isn't free in Australia unfortunately.
    Like I said in a 'perfect world'. Personally I think the focus should be on ensuring education is free rather than giving out payments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    To the PP, how is the school bonus middle class welfare? With DP and myself working we are 'middle income' and we didn't qualify for it. I think those on lower incomes are much more deserving, and those are the ones who received it.
    you are eligible for the payment up to about $100,000pa, I'd consider that middle class.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    Like I said in a 'perfect world'. Personally I think the focus should be on ensuring education is free rather than giving out payments.
    I agree completely.

It'd cost a lot more than the BTS bonus currently costs though. So I doubt the Libs intend on doing that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    you are eligible for the payment up to about $100,000pa, I'd consider that middle class.
    Middle income?

I don't consider it middle class welfare as lower income earners are entitled to it. Personally, I see middle class welfare as being things like first home owners grant.

I wouldn't be opposed to the threshold being lowered if this means that lower income earners can still claim it. I never really understood why benefits like this are just cut off for all, rather than being scaled down from the top down (if it is necessary).

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Lol, I think it's pretty clear where the Joe Hockey/Shrek comparison comes from!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

This this this.

Give the money to the schools and abolish any and all extra payments. Let it cover all excursions, stationery, equipment.

I'm not as fussed about school uniforms; as a parent it's my responsibility to clothe my child on a daily basis, I'm not sure why that should change when they turn 5.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (05-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Lol, I think it's pretty clear where the Joe Hockey/Shrek comparison comes from!
    Oh my. It's not very nice but I'll admit it gave me a giggle

About Hockey, anyone else notice his recent weight loss? Good on him I say.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Completely agree, but really it's robbing Peter to pay Paul. To make uniforms free for example, they could go with giving a big chunk to schools to provide them, or they could do vouchers to businesses. But then we have the issue not everyone has a bigw. Some don't want to buy from a private uniform shop down town and pay $20 for a polo when best and less has them for 5. So it would limit people's ability to shop around and get more for their dollar.

Either way the govt is spending money to help families with school. Be it to businesses or more funding for excusions/uniforms etc. So why not give it to families so they can get the best deal?

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd think it would be about the same. Isn't it in essence similar to the idea of choosing to claim your ftb at tax time or regular intervals

ETA that was in reply to bec re cost of administration
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 05-02-2013 at 11:15.