+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    But majority of every generation pays taxes, which goes to the government, which part can be used for payments. Unless paying tax stops I don't see that happening.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    This exactly. Children are the future and we need to do whatever we can to support them in terms of getting an education. If we continue to slash away at education based incentitives and financial support for the poor, where will that leave us? More children remain uneducated, the poverty cycle goes on, we have less tax payers and more welfare recipients?
    I think the long term effects must be taken into account. The goverment might gain financially in the short term but what happens a generation or 2 down the track?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Oh cos CLEARLY only wealthy people work hard and go to school and have education loans to pay off. Please. What an absolute joke.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub
    This was my point earlier. But I was informed I was imagining things lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    This was my point earlier. But I was informed I was imagining things lol.
    The idea just baffles me. Do they think being a janitor is a freaking walk in the park easy job? And if everyone followed the same path to higher income roles, then who would do the other stuff?

It never ceases to amaze me that some people are so quick to judge Lower income earners, yet someone has to do those jobs. Having a higher income bracket or earning too much to not be eligible for assistance DOES NOT make you a better person, which unfortunately is the attitude that some higher income earners have. (Please notice I said some, not all, as clearly that isn't the case)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    I agree where there is a will there is a way, I remember when the US put a cap on the amount of time you can receive welfare to 4 years over your lifetime. They pretty much went full force and started kicking people off within months and everyone thought these people would be homeless, end up on the streets or starve well they didnt and employment actually went up and people were surviving and doing well.

Would you also love the time they spent to get there? Would you like to give up the time hanging out with friends to study? And the huge bills they are paying off for schooling?

Low income families can get help with 2 days child care a week if they are not working. I think that money should be put towards helping working parents more.

I think its too much, now I hear they give money out for sports yes sports are good but we really are making people too dependent on the government and this is a cycle that is going to be hard to break
    Okay, I have to say it.
    You are so damn quick to judge the unemployed parents... Take this off them, take that off them... The government puts this help into place for a reason! I sure f#*king hope you NEVER have to claim any form of assistance for your family. It must be nice for you to move to this country and have such narrow minded judgements based on the help we receive. Stop comparing Aus to the US, we are nothing alike! We don't let our children starve like your country does. Argggggh

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (04-02-2013),lambjam  (04-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (04-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (04-02-2013),RobinSparkles  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    But majority of every generation pays taxes, which goes to the government, which part can be used for payments. Unless paying tax stops I don't see that happening.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub
    It happened in the US with Social Security, It was very well and everyone was happy with the large amounts they got then the country was informed that less and less people were working and welfare recipients going up so they figured that my childrens generation would not have social security they can get when they retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Going by your statements, it appears you don't really seem to have a grasp of how the countries finances are generally collected. There isn't a little bank account somewhere that is slowly dwindling away (though the Liberal Government would have you believe that), instead taxes are collected through various sources - eg: income tax, GST, alcohol tax, fuel tax etc.... These taxes aren't going to somehow disappear, in fact they actually rise all.the.time. So, I can't really understand the point you try to make when you say the government can't keep this up??
    No but if we make it easier to not work by having too many hand outs then some people will do that rather than work then we have less people paying income tax and can become a slippery slope for the government.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I'm proud we have a different and imo much better system than the US who is in grave shape financially atm and has had the 4 year unemployment rule for yonks. We are placed in the top few countries the world, per capita as far as our economy. There's something to that.
    US was up there to for a long time at one point being one of the richest countries then it all went to crap and I am confident they will get back up with their welfare reform because I have seen people that would never have worked if they were not made too so I think the US will catch back up it will take awhile no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    This exactly. Children are the future and we need to do whatever we can to support them in terms of getting an education. If we continue to slash away at education based incentitives and financial support for the poor, where will that leave us? More children remain uneducated, the poverty cycle goes on, we have less tax payers and more welfare recipients?
    I think the long term effects must be taken into account. The goverment might gain financially in the short term but what happens a generation or 2 down the track?
    I agree that money needs to be spent on education, schools shouldn't be getting budget cuts, instead cut off some of these un needed bonuses and give that money to the schools. Let the parents take care of the children they had and let the government take care of the schools they are in charge of taking care of and make sure schools are up to par and have everything they need to educate our children

Thanks
    Reviews

Now I'm going to apologise to everyone for my language, that is not at all like me I'm just finding some of these comments horrible. Not everyone can be rich; not everyone can afford things without struggle. No one intends to be low income, but things happen and children should never have to suffer.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013),delirium  (04-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    nvm not going to argue

Thanks
    Reviews

Would you also love the time they spent to get there? Would you like to give up the time hanging out with friends to study? And the huge bills they are paying off for schooling?
    This is the most bizarre thing I've ever read on bubhub. I went to uni and studied my ar*e off (ie little hanging out with friends) and racked up a huge HECS debt. I work full time, am nowhere near paying 50% tax and probably never will be.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    It's worth remembering that for capitalism to succeed there MUST be unemployment and there MUST be an underclass. Capitalism doesn't work if there is 100% employment. For it to function there has to be a class system. (The other big flaw with capitalism - that very few seem to acknowledge - is that it assumes unlimited resources, which obviously just aint the case!) So to the suggestion that "study + hard work = financial wealth", it is just not as simple as that. As a PP pointed out, someone has to fill shelves, clean streets, be a garbo, work in factories, drive taxis, etc.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (04-02-2013),Benji  (04-02-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

agree that money needs to be spent on education, schools shouldn't be getting budget cuts, instead cut off some of these un needed bonuses and give that money to the schools. Let the parents take care of the children they had and let the government take care of the schools they are in charge of taking care of and make sure schools are up to par and have everything they need to educate our children
    You do relise schools don't cover the costs of uniforms, stationery, books, excursions, music, swimming lessons (dependant upon the school)., etc..
    Providing these funds to the parents of school children might be the difference between a child having essential supplies and being able to participate in something they enjoy that family finances would otherwise not permit.
    Not everyone has the capability to earn sufficient money to survive and some people need assitance through bonuses and welfare. If we take this away from people, where do you think it leaves their children?

Please stop gloating about the American welfare system. It's far from anything to be remotely proud off. I don't see how it has been a success when you've got more people in the US homeless and living in extreme poverty than here.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (04-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (04-02-2013)