+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I love living in a country where many of us can rely and depend on our Government I really hope that is never taken from us.
    How long can a government keep this up? Will all this help be there for our grandchildren or their children? How can we maintain this? I just dont see it being able to be carried on forever and at some point a generation will really get a slap because the government over spent on the generations before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Funny how we didn't suffer through the last recession then, isn't it?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (04-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (04-02-2013),RobinSparkles  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemyfam View Post
    How long can a government keep this up? Will all this help be there for our grandchildren or their children? How can we maintain this? I just dont see it being able to be carried on forever and at some point a generation will really get a slap because the government over spent on the generations before.
    But majority of every generation pays taxes, which goes to the government, which part can be used for payments. Unless paying tax stops I don't see that happening.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (04-02-2013),Jakois  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Funny how we didn't suffer through the last recession then, isn't it?
    Can thank the WA mining for that

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Going by your statements, it appears you don't really seem to have a grasp of how the countries finances are generally collected. There isn't a little bank account somewhere that is slowly dwindling away (though the Liberal Government would have you believe that), instead taxes are collected through various sources - eg: income tax, GST, alcohol tax, fuel tax etc.... These taxes aren't going to somehow disappear, in fact they actually rise all.the.time. So, I can't really understand the point you try to make when you say the government can't keep this up??

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Can thank the WA mining for that
    I know this, we certainlly haven't seen our downfall because of "all these handouts". I would hate for the govt to have plenty of surplus from mining or wherever and not give some back to families. We're not like other countries.

The stimulus was a success, too, don't forget. Another "handout" to help Australian business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've been in a high tax bracket before, I think the posts about effort/fees etc... fail to acknowledge that these things don't always equate to a big pay cheque, likewise you can get a big pay cheque without doing those things. They don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    The way people don't look at it but should is. Gillard and Abbott are just a front runner. Your voting for a party, not the ape in the suit.
    Waddaya mean the President can be kicked out? We all totes voted for him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Would you also love the time they spent to get there? Would you like to give up the time hanging out with friends to study? And the huge bills they are paying off for schooling?

Oh cos CLEARLY only wealthy people work hard and go to school and have education loans to pay off. Please. What an absolute joke.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (04-02-2013),Benji  (04-02-2013),BlissedOut  (04-02-2013),dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013),Eko  (04-02-2013),HarvestMoon  (04-02-2013),lambjam  (04-02-2013),shelle65  (04-02-2013),Stiflers Mom  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Going by your statements, it appears you don't really seem to have a grasp of how the countries finances are generally collected. There isn't a little bank account somewhere that is slowly dwindling away (though the Liberal Government would have you believe that), instead taxes are collected through various sources - eg: income tax, GST, alcohol tax, fuel tax etc.... These taxes aren't going to somehow disappear, in fact they actually rise all.the.time. So, I can't really understand the point you try to make when you say the government can't keep this up??
    So to add, even someone who receives welfare for their WHOLE life will pay tax in some way, ie smokes, alcohol, fuel.

Everyone contributes in some way.

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I agree where there is a will there is a way, I remember when the US put a cap on the amount of time you can receive welfare to 4 years over your lifetime. They pretty much went full force and started kicking people off within months and everyone thought these people would be homeless, end up on the streets or starve well they didnt and employment actually went up and people were surviving and doing well.
    I'm proud we have a different and imo much better system than the US who is in grave shape financially atm and has had the 4 year unemployment rule for yonks. We are placed in the top few countries the world, per capita as far as our economy. There's something to that.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (04-02-2013),Busy-Bee  (04-02-2013),dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013),mama and her little bearxxx  (04-02-2013)