+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    I am definitely not in favour of this plan - but will answer the question anyway, as high income earners are seeming to get slandered a bit here.
    No slander lol several decent earners in this thread (and in lots of other welfare threads) have said they want the bonus gone. Even though their household have money they have said in so many words do it on your own. Which is easy to say when you earn 100k+

The cut off for most of those payments are 150k. That's a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    It sounds like you are getting over taxed? Someone on 50k should only be paying about 16 % ( $3,572 plus 32.5c for every dollar over 37k, current rate).
    Yep, I'm actually happy. We'll get a huge return to put back into depleted savings

Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Because apparently high income earners are nasty people and don't care about anyone but themselves even though there are anonymous $1m donators to the Perth telethon and other organisations. Not all rich people are nasty and selfish. Where I work there are just as many low income earners that can be just as rude towards us than the higher.

Like I said earlier I've only ever earned up to 40k but I don't get why high income earners get such ridicule. Can someone explain to me just because they earn more they are less of a human?? I couldn't care less and goodluck to them I say!!
    No one said they are nasty people. I know some are really giving people. Several here have said they earn 150+ and still support low income families getting the help. But there is a long history with these sort of debates where higher earners say stand on your own two feet, if you can't afford kids don't have them. Then will go on to say in another thread they just come until the threshold and got the BB lol So it comes across the needy shouldn't get payments but someone on 140-150k should. Which seems crazy to me that they don't get that if they think they need the money, that someone on 20k is really going to need it.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't necessarily think of a combined income family of $150,000 as being high income. Depending on where one lives cost of living (rent, mortgage, daycare) can be very high. It's not as if those families can afford to pop off to Paris for the weekend.
    I guess you need to live within your means. Someone earns 200k and buys an expensive house which is crippling them. I don't think they are poor. They just need to find a more affordable option and downside. I suspect it may be frustrating to some of the most needy hearing high income earners say they are struggling bc of the debt they have chosen. Some can't even afford to rent a place and live with family.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    **prepares to have head bitten off**

I did actually see somebody say that why aren't people grateful to high income earners because they "could be your doctor" or something along those lines (my doctor could be on an income of $60k for all I know). I see this a lot around here. Funnily enough, there is never any kudos to the low income earners who perhaps taught these people at school, care for their elderly grandmother so they can continue working, care for their children so they can work. We all play a part in society, I am not 'grateful' to people based on how much they earn, but what they contribute to society and, yes, that includes the labourers apprentice who probably earned $12 an hour to help build your mcmansion.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (04-02-2013),delirium  (04-02-2013),Eko  (04-02-2013),gonnabeaGR8mum  (04-02-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (04-02-2013),peanutmonkey  (04-02-2013),Stiflers Mom  (04-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    Ok but can I show you why I think that? And not just on here so as not to single anyone out. Ill start with the article and TA calling it a cash splash, supporting phi rebates for the wealthier, not supporting mining tax, not supporting the baby bonus for low income earners, wanting to take away child cater rebates for people who don't work
    Unless I'm wrong you can't get the child care rebate if you aren't working.

No doubt there are a lot of people in Australia who would agree with TA on these points. Heck I'd be far better off with a liberal government. But I won't vote for him for these reasons. And nor would a lot of people who have spoken on this thread so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    **Funnily enough, there is never any kudos to the low income earners who perhaps taught these people at school, care for their elderly grandmother so they can continue working, care for their children so they can work. We all play a part in society, I am not 'grateful' to people based on how much they earn, but what they contribute to society and, yes, that includes the labourers apprentice who probably earned $12 an hour to help build your mcmansion.
    Never any kudos. Really? I forgot if you earn above 150k you must live in a McMansion on a hill and look down apon everyone else.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Never any kudos. Really? I forgot if you earn above 150k you must live in a McMansion on a hill and look down apon everyone else.
    Nope, because high income earners "worked so hard" to get where they are. I don't deny that for many this is the case. But people often forget that many low income earners also spent lots of time and money at university and other study, and work very hard.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I am a single mother and I have to say it wouldn't make a difference to me weather the school bonus was in place or not, my daughter starts prep next year and while its going to be expencive I will have time leading up this year to get some books pencils etc.... And price uniforms and put money aside. I am with PP that you can save for at least 6 months at $20 a week and that would help?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bubbabailey For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    As I said earlier I would not want to trade places with a low income family (for financial reasons alone) but am sick of people thinking if you earn over 150k you have magic accountants who save you hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax. It doesn't happen. If you're Gina Reinhardt yes, but not otherwise.

As for BH generally, high income earners do get slammed. If I point out how much we give to charity, it goes unacknowledged. If anyone says they work hard they get slammed because that must mean they are saying low income earners are lazy. You can't win.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

goldencrumble  (04-02-2013),Jellyfishie  (04-02-2013),Lincolns mummy  (04-02-2013),Lovemyfam  (04-02-2013),MINIRoo  (06-02-2013),MummaOJ  (04-02-2013),NancyBlackett  (04-02-2013),Pina Colada  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Nope, because high income earners "worked so hard" to get where they are. I don't deny that for many this is the case. But people often forget that many low income earners also spent lots of time and money at university and other study, and work very hard.
    I guess it depends on who you associate with then. I have friends who are aged care workers and high profile commercial lawyers, I never see that attitude. Everyone works pretty hard, some just get paid more than others. It's only on bubhub that I see the rich vs poor debate come out so often.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabailey View Post
    I am a single mother and I have to say it wouldn't make a difference to me weather the school bonus was in place or not, my daughter starts prep next year and while its going to be expencive I will have time leading up this year to get some books pencils etc.... And price uniforms and put money aside. I am with PP that you can save for at least 6 months at $20 a week and that would help?
    I'm not trying to pick a fight/debate or single you out but some families can not afford to save $20 a week as silly as it may sound to some.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013),HugsBunny  (04-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post

Unless I'm wrong you can't get the child care rebate if you aren't working.

No doubt there are a lot of people in Australia who would agree with TA on these points. Heck I'd be far better off with a liberal government. But I won't vote for him for these reasons. And nor would a lot of people who have spoken on this thread so far.
    The gov gives me money back for Childcare and I don't work so don't 'need' it. It was a response someone gave earlier, but I can't show you :P lol