+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Education is a real issue to future governments. If we want to stay competitive in the global market, education needs to be a priority. Leaving all school costs to parents means that Australia will be left behind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Please don't go this way. Sme people on here may have said something that you have taken to mean what you are saying but the majority don't feel that way. This thread has stayed civil if you do this it could turn ugly.

Can we move on?
    I'm not the one asking, if I see people saying certain things and told they're not, I'd like to be able to show why I thnk that, not just be told I'm wrong and to move on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Oh those poor poor wealthy people, I'd love to earn enough to pay 50% tax.
    No you wouldn't, because it is very disheartening when you spend years and years getting an education (and working numerous jobs at the same time to support yourself because centre link screwed you over) to then have an enormous HECS debt for years to come, are not entitled to any rebates and pay tens of thousands of dollars in tax each year. Not all high income earners can claim tax breaks and when you hear that there is yet another handout from the government happening instead of the money being spent on hospitals, infrastructure, lowering education costs the list goes on, it makes you really mad. In my opinion government handouts make it okay for the cost of living to keep increasing how it does, because people are given this tiny hand out to help. If you go back and look at your household budget and expenses from a few years ago and compare them to today, you will see that a $400 back to school bonus is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of money you are now spending on essentials that keep increasing (rego, fuel, groceries, insurances, Childcare fees etc).
    I'm still on the fence, I don't think either party is going to make life 'easier' for anyone - unfortunately there will always be a huge divide between rich and poor.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Fox View Post
    Id spend more money per year on nappies for my daughter when she was an infant then i would pay to start her up at school. Should i also be getting a payment from the government to help with this?
    /
    Ahh baby bonus, PPL, FTB?? Those payments are to help with the cost of raising a baby/toddler/child.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    I'm not the one asking, if I see people saying certain things and told they're not, I'd like to be able to show why I thnk that, not just be told I'm wrong and to move on.
    I didn't say you were wrong, I said I didn't really understand where this thread was saying those things i.e. that more should be given to high income earners, low income earners don't deserve help etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Education is a real issue to future governments. If we want to stay competitive in the global market, education needs to be a priority. Leaving all school costs to parents means that Australia will be left behind.
    Yup. A dog eat dog attitude will help nobody.

Since we supposedly have "free" education in this country, and that education is a "right", it is the government's responsibility to make this affordable.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (04-02-2013),Stiflers Mom  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fox: if you diapered your baby in cloth nappies that would be far, far, far cheaper than a school aged child's expenses. They do not get cheaper as they get older, quite the opposite.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    No it's not, but the posters complaining about how much tax they pay a few pages back made me want to poke my eyes out.
    And people on here constantly making assumptions about other people's wealth and lives make me want to poke my eyes out. Everyone pays tax, everyone benefits from the taxes people pay, these threads go nowhere.
    Last edited by Sonja; 04-02-2013 at 08:39.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (04-02-2013),lones  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I'm still on the fence, I don't think either party is going to make life 'easier' for anyone - unfortunately there will always be a huge divide between rich and poor.
    Abbott is a pretty big fan of WorkChoices, IMO Labor is far lesser of two evils. I am literally frightened at the thought of Abbott being our PM and the Liberal party being in power.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Cherry18Bloss  (04-02-2013),dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I didn't say you were wrong, I said I didn't really understand where this thread was saying those things i.e. that more should be given to high income earners, low income earners don't deserve help etc.
    Ok but can I show you why I think that? And not just on here so as not to single anyone out. Ill start with the article and TA calling it a cash splash, supporting phi rebates for the wealthier, not supporting mining tax, not supporting the baby bonus for low income earners, wanting to take away child cater rebates for people who don't work