+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Grebbeci View Post
    I love all these people who still hold the view that labour looks after the working class. Labour has done so much damage to our export and manufacturing industries during their time in office that it's ridiculous. And it's not the head honchos of those industries that are suffering, it's the lower end workers.

I think that parents of school kids should get some money to help out, whether through the tax benefit out direct, even public school is expensive and kids are always a good investment.

The phi is a good thing because it helps to take some pressure off the public system, and even with phi private care is crazily expensive. Although I do agree that prices needlessly went up when it came in.

First home bonus should go, spend the money releasing more low cost land rather than letting it all go through private developers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    I don't think Labor necessarily look after lower income earners in the way they used to, but they do a better job of it than the Liberal party.

As for the phi rebate, the fees didn't just go up initially they went up constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I might be coming into this thread a little late and apologies if this has already been said but why on earth should we expect the government to give us money each year to help with the cost of school.
    Call me crazy, but isnt schooling and the associated costs just another normal and expected cost of having children?
    Id spend more money per year on nappies for my daughter when she was an infant then i would pay to start her up at school. Should i also be getting a payment from the government to help with this?
    In my opinion, schooling costs are just another normal cost of having children. Sure i would imagine that it would be difficult for some families on a low income to be able to afford but that doesnt mean i support a blanket payment across the board for all families.
    Perhaps a rebate on school expenses would be more appropriate to those families who are on income support payments and the rest of us could just maybe suck it up a little bit and get on with the job of providing for our children without expecting the government to pay for everything.
    I can almost guarantee that those people who claim they rely on that money to start htei kids in school would actually find a way to come up with the money if it wasnt given as a free hand out.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Fox For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (04-02-2013),Jellyfishie  (04-02-2013),Lovemyfam  (04-02-2013),Squeak4123  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    That's what it seems like.
    I have heard high income earners complain plenty over time about their lack of tax breaks and then complain that tax breaks for the poorer is a waste of government money. Just statements of 'rich people work their guts out, work harder, have more stress and pay more tax' To me it sounds like saying high income earners deserve more. It's fine if you need more, but I don't think it's right to also want to take away from others.
    And I'm not talking about you and if you support it, but you asked why I think that.
    I just don't see where that is really being said on this thread though? All that's really been said is that there aren't always as many tax breaks for high income earners (on your tax return) as you'd think. It wasn't anyone complaining, it was just correcting a misconception.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    I just don't see where that is really being said on this thread though? All that's really been said is that there aren't always as many tax breaks for high income earners (on your tax return) as you'd think. It wasn't anyone complaining, it was just correcting a misconception.
    I have to go now, but when I get some time I will go back and quote each part of the thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Someones Mummy View Post
    I have to go now, but when I get some time I will go back and quote each part of the thread.
    Please don't go this way. Sme people on here may have said something that you have taken to mean what you are saying but the majority don't feel that way. This thread has stayed civil if you do this it could turn ugly.

Can we move on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh those poor poor wealthy people, I'd love to earn enough to pay 50% tax.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

RobinSparkles  (04-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Abbott to axe school bonus if he gets in

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Please don't go this way. Sme people on here may have said something that you have taken to mean what you are saying but the majority don't feel that way. This thread has stayed civil if you do this it could turn ugly.

Can we move on?
    Agree, it always turns into a rich vs poor debate. I didn't want a blow by blow, the majority of comments on here don't reflect that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Oh those poor poor wealthy people, I'd love to earn enough to pay 50% tax.
    Not really the point of this thread but ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd rather see classrooms come fully stocked with stationary for every student, a school uniform shop where kids are given a full uniform, excursions fully paid for so no child misses out on these vital moments in their schooling.

Give me the above and I'll gladly wave the bonus goodbye, for now if it means even a few kids aren't being deprived of their basic rights within education, then great.

The Libs, picking on societies most vulnerable since way back.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

Benji  (04-02-2013),dancingchipmunk  (04-02-2013),~ElectricPink~  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Not really the point of this thread but ok.
    No it's not, but the posters complaining about how much tax they pay a few pages back made me want to poke my eyes out.