+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    I wouldn't buy either secondhand cloth nappies or underwear (for me or my children). It's just a little too personal for me. I wouldn't be able to move past the fact that others bodily fluids had been all over them.

But I don't care if others do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Yes I use some second hand MCN's.
    I've only bought ones in very good condition, and would be pretty grossed out if they had old poo stains on them or anything. I know another baby's pooed in them but as I can't see any evidence of it it doesn't worry me.
    I don't find baby poo/ wee anywhere near as disgusting as adult body fluids either like a few have said.
    Also cost like a few have mentioned- undies are pretty cheap compared to MCN's.
    Undies also get all stretched and wear and tear faster (I think) then a MCN on a large rotation.
    However..if I found undies as part of a lingerie set or something, very good condition and not worn enough to be stretched or anything, at a bargain price, I'd probably get them (but they better be in super- clean condition same as I like second hand MCNs to arrive in!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheMadHatter For This Useful Post:

ToonZie  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    very frustrating when you are TT your 7-14mth old.
    Wtf? People start toilet training at 7-14 months? I must be a bad mumma!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Wtf? People start toilet training at 7-14 months? I must be a bad mumma!
    Not bad. Just culturally different. My dd2 at 8mths has had dry nights this week all poos in the toilet and I've only missed a couple of wees.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Not bad. Just uculturally different. My dd2 at 8mths has had dry nights this week all poos in the toilet and I've only missed a couple of wees.
    Can I ask why you want to train so early?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Can I ask why you want to train so early?
    1- it's normal for my family/cultural background. I got asked if my dd1 had special needs cos she was still in a night nappy at 2. we night TT soon after. It's not routine for children to still be in nappies past 12-18mths in India.

2- it's easy to read babies when they want to poo so just pop them on a potty/toilet. It only takes a week for them to let you know they need to poo in advance. Wees are a tad harder but I just pop dd2 on the toilet hourly and say it's wee time and 8/10 times she wees. she wears a cloth nappy at home/out/car in case I miss her signs or we can't go immediately.

3- It's annoying washing cloth nappies

4- it's hard to argue with a 2yo the need to do wees/poo on a toilet so I'm hoping to get dd2 sorted by 13-18mths before the 'tantrums'.

It's sooooo much easier at this age. We started TT dd1 at 14mths and finished day TT at 18mths and it was much harder.

Anecdotally - my mother swears I was TT by 8mths (no nappy) and my brother by 10mths. My aunt TT her twins by 15mths day/night. My MIL (not Indian) had my DH TT at 18mths and my BIL at 15mths cos she knew more the second time around. I think early TT is referred to as EC.

I don't push my girls to TT - just offer the toilet frequently and praise when it works out. Plus I was fed up with the 'still in nappies' comments.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (10-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    I wouldn't buy either secondhand cloth nappies or underwear (for me or my children). It's just a little too personal for me. I wouldn't be able to move past the fact that others bodily fluids had been all over them.

But I don't care if others do.
    When you go to hospital, do you use their towelling and linen? Lots of fluid goes on them lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (10-02-2013),ToonZie  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    And I'm not saying that to cause an argument just something that came to mind

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (16-03-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    When you go to hospital, do you use their towelling and linen? Lots of fluid goes on them lol.
    I was thinking this.... I nurse and the crap we wipe up with towels which then get washed and reused....
    For people who wouldn't pass from one sibling to another if you had twins would you have a separate stash if nappies or undies for each child??? We have 3 under 2.5 and they all share nappies- maybe I'm disorganised or lazy but I can't be bothered taking 3 sets of nappies everywhere or even keeping 3 separate sets in the house- they all go in a basket and they all wear the same ones.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post
    From my understanding, hospital linen gets washed industrially. Thats alot cleaner than your good ol washing machine job.
    I know for a fact that the larger hotel (and even some motel) chains wash their linen and dressing gowns industrially with stuff that will strip your skin right off.