+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Nappies and undies (bras included) all fall into the *one owner only* category for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

I am pretty bad with second hand anything. I wouldnt buy second hand MCN's or undies. I don't even let my girls hand down undies so second hand undies are definitely out of the question.. I have no problem with people that do it but I just couldn't!

Thanks
    Reviews

I am okay with handing down nappies and undies from my kids to each other, but could never buy second hand MCNs or underwear from a stranger because I can't trust that they have been cleaned and well looked after and I find it a bit gross to be honest. Same with I can deal with spew and poo from my family, but not from anyone else's (close friends baby's included!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't. Nothing constructive to say except that I lol'd when I read the Op...

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Well my bum never knew a new cloth nappy. I only ever hand hand-me-down terry flats and I survived just fine.

I have used second hand mcns, I wash then before use and hang them in the sun to sanitise. I never received one that had any stains or stunk so it was a non-issue.

I would use second hand undies if needed but a new mcn can cost $40+ where you can get a new pair of undies for a few dollars. I know there are a lot more cheaper mcns on the market now but I'm going back a few years when I bought them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I also think its acost thing. New adult knickers aren't terribly expensive where as cloth nappies and all the assorted bits that come with them are?

I would use second hand cloth nappies but adult undies, ummm no.

Thanks
    Reviews

I buy second hand MCNs but not second hand underwear because adults are gross and babies are adorable.
    But really underwear wears out and the second hand MCNs I have bought are like brand new.

NanaK is offline I'm surrounded by beautiful boys!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by PaulsParadigm View Post
    Nappies are designed to catch wee and poo, unlike adults underwear.

Also, I think of babies as being pure and I would rather my baby use a second hand nappy than me wearing someone's std riddled nickers

Yep,.. My feelings too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I am using both new and (lightly) used cloth nappies. I'm not sure that there's a huge difference tbh. Both could be well sanitized.

A lot of used nappies are sold after only a few wears an the parents decide they don't like a particular for on their baby. So a lot of expensive clothies would be going to waste if not re sold.

No I do not buy used undies. Having said that if my undies began to cost me $25-$40 a pair, yes I would buy them second hand if in good condition.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used hand me down undies as a child... both my girls have used the same terry flat nappies that my DH used as a baby, then his brother and half of his cousins. And DD1 and DD2 both will use the same MCN as will bubba #3 and then I will hand the whole lot to my brother to use with his future kids.

I have no objection to buying second hand undies for my kids as I find in Australia the smallest size cheapie undies you can buy is 2-3 in Target/Big W. very frustrating when you are TT your 7-14mth old. I've ordered some from the UK but its so expensive to buy new. Luckily a work colleague of mine is from the UK and gave e a whole bag of size 0-1 undies when DD1 was 1yr.

I have no objections buying second hand undies for me but new are cheap so might as well get them. i have purchased second hand maternity bras in the past.

basically cost is a factor and finding the dratted things.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

sweetseven  (10-02-2013)