+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    You can't expect a one way street
    Huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    People use mcns for different reasons. I use them for 3 reasons, environment, save money and no nappy rash. The first 2 reasons are why I reused the nappies from DD1 for DD2. They are thoroughly washed and sanitised and you could not telll that they have been used. I think people asking the question may not be familiar with the fabrics used in mcns and how well they wash out. I wouldnt reuse undies because they are cheap, you dont go through anywhere near as many, and it would be harder to clean and sanitise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Huh?
    A thread with no questions asked in return... y'know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the interesting question OP

I buy second hand MCNs, but I wouldn't buy second hand underwear. Well, maybe I would if underwear were very expensive.

For me the difference is that new or not, my baby's going to poo in the nappies. I wash them in hot water, dry them in the sun etc. but that doesn't change the fact that I'm dressing her in something which has been covered in poo. It makes no difference to me whether they've been previously pooed in by another baby. As long as I sanitize them before she uses them, they won't be any cleaner once she starts using them.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think some people are getting confused. I understand that they wash out and sanitize like new...but they arent new. Its not about the environment or the money...its about using something that someone else has had their bodily fluids on...something that someone else has had their genitals touching. Thats more the direction I was coming from with my original questions.

Again, I am not and have not judged anyone who does....I am asking genuine questions to quench my curiosity on a subject that I know little about. I do that often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    A thread with no questions asked in return... y'know?
    Oh na, you can ask me anything. I answered your question. No, I dont use cloth, havent used cloth and dont plan to use cloth. But that has nothing to do with me being grossed out by pee or poo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

I use mcns and I have thought about buying second hand. But the thought that it isn't really different to buying second hand undies is what stops me. BUT that said, I don't actually find the thought of second hand mcns that gross - not as gross as second hand undies.

I guess baby wee and poo doesn't gross me out much. Even toddler wee and poo doesn't gross me out much. But the thought of wearing someone's undies that had period blood or v@ginal discharge on them DOES gross me out, yes.

Also buying second hand nappies is far more common than buying used undies. There isn't a Facebook page called "buy and sell your used undies" as far as I know. So maybe it's just that it's more acceptable iykwim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    I guess baby wee and poo doesn't gross me out much. Even toddler wee and poo doesn't gross me out much. But the thought of wearing someone's undies that had period blood or v@ginal discharge on them DOES gross me out, yes.

Also buying second hand nappies is far more common than buying used undies. There isn't a Facebook page called "buy and sell your used undies" as far as I know. So maybe it's just that it's more acceptable iykwim?
    Thats exactly how I feel on it. I find it funny how its acceptable to buy/sell/swap used nappies but ick to sell underwear which technically shouldnt have any poo or wee purposely on it. Its funny and I find it interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

For me the difference is that babies only wee and poo, adults have other fluids come into contact with their underwear.

I don't feel comfortable using secondhand underwear for me or anyone else but I am okay with using secondhand mcn if it is in good condition. I am using DS1's MCN for DS2 as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    So it seems like that main reason is that there is a general agreeance that adults are considered ickier than babies/toddlers. Thats pretty much what I had assumed