+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am buying a new set of mcns for my second child. I wouldn't be having my child wear hand me down underwear so hand me down nappies are out too. I don't even do hand me down clothes.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Maybe most people either think one way or the other for both options (used is bad or used is good) and that's why you're not getting much clarification?
    But a few people are saying they use second hand nappies but wouldnt use second hand underwear..then thats it. Im curious as to why that is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

I have no problem with second hand clothes for my kids, but I wouldn't buy or use second hand underwear or nappies. My friend and I swap a lot of clothes and she has also given underwear, but I didn't use them. I've never given her underwear. The only reason I have not used mcn is because of the washing. It is my most hated household chore, and I can't keep up as it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't do either ... But I am happy to buy second hand clothes ( good condition)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    So would people who wouldn't use second hand MCNs buy new ones for every child they had?
    If I could afford to buy MCNs (which is one of the the main reasons I don't use them) then yes, I would buy new MCNs for each child. Just like I wouldn't share my sister's underwear, I wouldn't put my children in shared MCNs.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Question 1. Do you agree with the above statement? Why/Why not?

Question 2. If you buy second hand cloth nappies for your little ones, would you buy second hand (good condition) underwear for yourself or your little ones? Why/Why not? If not, whats the difference (in your mind).

ETA: Used some bold and underlining to try get my questions across clearer.
    No .. I think they are totally different items, but most importantly, any second hand nappies I bought, I soaked. I only soaked them when I got them, because its not good for them...

I dont soak my underwear (dont need to ) and I've never needed to buy second hand underwear, its not so expensive, especially from Bigw/ target etc.

MCN are made to last a decent amount of time - they are made to be used by 2+ kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liners.
    Plus the fabrics are different, MCNs are designed to be dirtied and reused after being washed. Undies obviously are re-used but they arent designed to have wee in them so they arent designed for wee to come out easily. The fabrics such as bamboo are sanitised by the sun if hung out to dry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I dunno. Once an mcn has been through a good wash, sun bleached and the like it's hard to imagine it as another baby's poo catcher. They come up as new.
    I buy second hand mcns - very recently have started to do so. I have a budget, and cloth is important to me. Disposable nappies just aren't going to happen here.
    Second hand underwear? It's not as expensive to buy new, I guess that's one reason. Adults are gross, that's another reason.
    Do you use cloth London? I would think that sposie users are probably more grossed out by poo and pee, tbh.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Do you use cloth London? I would think that sposie users are probably more grossed out by poo and pee, tbh.
    Nope, I didnt with DS and dont plan to with this baby...being grossed out by poo or pee isnt my reason why I wouldnt use them though......BUT that has nothing to do with it really. This questions is being asked out of genuine curiosity like most of my posts. Im a curios one

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't expect a one way street