+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jade24 View Post
    On sorry, I wasn't aware the question was for MCN users only! Whoops!

Disregard my answer
    All good. My first question was kind of open to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilicious View Post
    I agree that buying second hand mcns is like buying second hand undies.

Most of my mcn stash is second hand and I have no problems using second hand undies for my son. In fact a friend of mine offered me her son's undies last week, in good condition, and I said that as we use second hand mcns I have no problem with accepting second hand undies.

I don't think I'd buy second hand undies though.
    Would you accept second hand underwear for you from your friends? Say someone gained alot of weight and didnt fit them anymore but they were in good condition.
    If not, whats the difference in your mind?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Can I answer because I intend to put bub #2 in mcn's?

I had a friend offer me a full stash of peapods for free to use with bub 2 and I politely declined. I can't bring myself to do it, even though they get washed and only the liner touches baby's bottom, I don't know why But I also wouldn't use secondhand underwear (bras either) for myself or my child.
    Because a few pp's have mentioned secondhand clothing, this is what I do regarding that. I will use good condition secondhand clothing from family/close friend for dd, but not from stangers. For myself, I go op shopping for cool vintage steals. The difference between clothing and underwear is that clothing isn't an undergarment.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So would people who wouldn't use second hand MCNs buy new ones for every child they had?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (03-02-2013),NancyBlackett  (03-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    So would people who wouldn't use second hand MCNs buy new ones for every child they had?
    Nope I plan to reuse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Good point. I probably would. The difference is you know what diseases and germs your own children have...

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im still not seeing many people answer as to why they would think its ok for their kids to wear second hand nappies but not ok for them to wear second hand underwear themselves.
    A few have and thanks for that Would like to read more explanations and reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good point. I probably would. The difference is you know what diseases and germs your own children have...
    This. I'd also wear a pair of dh's underwear if I had to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Im still not seeing many people answer as to why they would think its ok for their kids to wear second hand nappies but not ok for them to wear second hand underwear themselves.
    A few have and thanks for that Would like to read more explanations and reasons.
    Maybe most people either think one way or the other for both options (used is bad or used is good) and that's why you're not getting much clarification?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I bought some MCNs 2nd hand to try before forking out the big bucks for new ones to make sure they were right for bubs.

In reply to ur comment, I would use 2nd hand because of a couple of reasons:
    1. I strip wash them before use.. I don't tend to do that to undies.... But I guess I could if I wanted to!
    2. I ALWAYS use a liner in a nappy, but would I always use a linker in undies (or my child's undies) if they were 2nd hand? No.
    3. The thought of what stds etc could be caught through 2nd hand undies (or the thought of using undies that someone had had their period in.... etc) for myself is enough to turn me off... Neither of them are a concern in a babies MCN....

I think it's different for adults. Different hygiene issues / risks. Maybe I'm just paranoid tho!

Thanks
    Reviews

And that's supposed to say "liner" not "linker" haha!