+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Question 1. Do you agree with the above statement? Why/Why not?

Question 2. If you buy second hand cloth nappies for your little ones, would you buy second hand (good condition) underwear for yourself or your little ones? Why/Why not? If not, whats the difference (in your mind).

ETA: Used some bold and underlining to try get my questions across clearer.
    Last edited by London; 03-02-2013 at 15:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nothing wrong with second hand under wear so long as there are no skiddie marks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Buying Second Hand Cloth Nappies Is Like Buying Second Hand Underwear

Oooo this is going to be interesting. I don't have second hand cloth nappies, but I know plenty of people do buy/sell them.

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I wouldn't buy either. I have clothies and could only buy them brand new. The thought of another baby having pooped in the nappy just puts me off. I wouldn't have a problem with others using second hand clothies or undies.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have bought some second hand small MCNs but would never buy second hand knickers.

The nappies I have bought have been washed and sanitised and I use liners.

Thanks
    Reviews

I buy cloth nappies second hand I always canasten wash them after. They are quiet expensive so I save money by doing it. If underwear was as expensive then yeh I prob would buy and canasten wash them as well. My husband wears boxers as undies and I have brought them second hand before.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    Well it kind of is lol, but I have brought second hand mcns and wouldn't Indies.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510b using BubHub
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    I have bought some second hand small MCNs but would never buy second hand knickers.

The nappies I have bought have been washed and sanitised and I use liners.
    As asked in the OP, whats the difference in your mind between the two? (assuming the second hand underwear are also washed and sanitised)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The difference for me is that I would buy new liners to put in second hand cloth nappies. So while the nappy has been used, the liners that are touching baby's bum and picking up the poop won't have been.

Kind of like I'd buy second hand underwear, but not second hand panty liners (for argument's sake).

I've not bought second hand underwear, but I wouldn't be against it if I needed to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I wouldn't buy either secondhand cloth nappies or underwear (for me or my children). It's just a little too personal for me. I wouldn't be able to move past the fact that others bodily fluids had been all over them.

But I don't care if others do.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jade24 For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (03-02-2013),MissyJane  (09-02-2013),winterbaby  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    As asked in the OP, whats the difference in your mind between the two? (assuming the second hand underwear are also washed and sanitised)
    Nappies are designed to catch wee and poo, unlike adults underwear.

Also, I think of babies as being pure and I would rather my baby use a second hand nappy than me wearing someone's std riddled nickers

For the record, I was totally against using second hand nappies until I discovered 'pretties', buying second hand enables me to buy some gorgeous nappies .