Catch of the day have a Singer Simple 3229 sewing machine on sale from $399 to $179- not sure if I can post the link?
ETA: I cant find any reviews on this one so I dont think I'll get it.
I have found another Singer Talent 3221 sewing machine, which has gotten good reviews so Im now thinking of this one. Its $199 down from $500 plus free delivery.
I have never sewed before so I have no idea if this is a good machine.
- 21 Stitch functions with direct selection
- 6 Basic stitches
- 4 Stretch stitches
- 10 Decorative stitches
- 1 Automatic 4-step button
- Adjustable stitch length and width
- Adjustable stitch width up to 5mm
- Adjustable stitch length up to 4mm
- Automatic needle threader
- Variable needle positions for precise top stitching
- Heavy duty metal frame for skip free sewing
- Snap on presser feet
- Top drop in bobbin, for ease of use and smooth running
- Centre and Right needle position
- Light weight with built in carrying handle
- Horizontal thread holder for smooth thread flow without jumping or snagging
- Reverse stitch button
- Convertible bed to free arm sewing
- Accessories storage compartment
- Electronic foot speed control
- Sewing Machine Dimensions: (W) 39cm x (D) 17cm (H) 28cm
- Weight: 6.1kg
What do you think? TIA