+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokey Pokey View Post

Yes Ive calmed down since because ill just deal with things as they come! Just hope this is the end of it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Centrelink debt

Wow..that's one huge debt. I seem to end up with a yearly ccb/ccr debt on centrelinks behalf. I spose i'm lucky that it gets sorted out at tax time and they just take it out of my ftb supps.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yea so frustrating as I thought I was doing te right thing! Centrelink are my worst nightmare now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will be patiently waiting to see if we cop a debt at the end of the financial year. The business my husband worked for went broke in August last year, he is now getting a payout from Geers for a tiny part of what was owed to him. (he lost 25 years worth of super and his long service) so now that we are getting this i have had to update our income so now we get absolutely nothing for the rest of the year! And then to be told we may still end up with a bill at the end just took the cake! Plus being taxed 31 percent on what he is getting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SammiJane View Post
    I will be patiently waiting to see if we cop a debt at the end of the financial year. The business my husband worked for went broke in August last year, he is now getting a payout from Geers for a tiny part of what was owed to him. (he lost 25 years worth of super and his long service) so now that we are getting this i have had to update our income so now we get absolutely nothing for the rest of the year! And then to be told we may still end up with a bill at the end just took the cake! Plus being taxed 31 percent on what he is getting!
    That's ridiculous! There system is just a big stuff around! Hope it all works out and no debt comes ur way!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to schmacey01 For This Useful Post:

SammiJane  (04-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Centrelink debt

Have you tried the ombudsmen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Centrelink debt

Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Have you tried the ombudsmen
    Or the welfare rights centre?

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    They stuff everything up all the time at our local office. I always make sure whenever I make a change, I check and double check, and ring and check again, and keep an eye on my online statements. It's ridiculous how many times I check. But I don't want to end up with a stuff up.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Wow..that's one huge debt. I seem to end up with a yearly ccb/ccr debt on centrelinks behalf. I spose i'm lucky that it gets sorted out at tax time and they just take it out of my ftb supps.

Yeah me too. Highest was $800. Usually associated with child support for me

OP I know how frustrating it is dealing with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Centrelink debt

Yeap i ended up wth a higher debt than that, they said i should have known.. But id just had my baby, had taken a while to put all the forms in and just assumed it was back pay as the girl had said thats what i was getting when i went in.. I forget what it was now, but they had paid something twice, it really sucked im still paying it back!