+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Perisher Blue tell me about it!

We want to go on our very first family holiday with our 5 year old this year and since none of us have ever seen snow we'd like to go to Perisher Blue.

Any info to get me started would be great (accommodation, how to get there, gear we will need etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi I have been looking into going to Perisher in Winter however just scrapped the idea due to high costs.

I don't know where you are, but our plan was to fly to Sydney and then fly out to Jindabyne on Aquapellican airways (I think that was the name) as my kids wouldn't last 2.5hrs on a bus, so a 40min flight seemed like a better option. However the flights were 120 per person, each way.

The accomodation looked great, so many deals, I found Lodge 21 to be the best option for us (bigger family) and they have a shuttle into the main part of the snow near Perisher, or the tube or something. There were only certain days you could fly out of the Snowy Mountains and to for that matter. And after paying to fly to Sydney and then fly out to the Snowy Mtns and accommodation it became too expensive for us all to go this year.

If you go onto the Perisher site they have an online consultant person you can talk to, and he helped me understand the rates. I couldn't find the cost of catching a coach to Snowy Mountains, even if we came from Canberra.

Hope some of that helps! We have changed our holiday. Just won't work for us at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Look at Perisher website - lots of specials early in the season.

You can drive or get a bus from Canberra..

There are MILO kids lessons every day (of all diff lengths) and they're not too pricey.

You can hire gear in Jindabyne or at Perisher or obviously take your own..

Travel agents would have package options .... Perisher might even have a Facebook page with package options