+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Awesome caravan park for Christmas

I'm wanting to book in early for a power site at a caravan park for this Christmas.
    We are looking at travelling to north nsw. Say between Byron and newscastle. (We are from brisbane).
    Can anyone suggest some awesome parks that's great for young children??

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Awesome caravan park for Christmas

Sorry I am not much help but you will prob find it really hard to book into good, family friendly parks for Christmas as people usually book a year or more in advance.

However big 4 caravan parks are always pretty good for kids .

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

There is one at yamba that is great... I think it is the big 4 one there? If i can remember the name I'll be back to post it

Thanks
    Reviews

Its called big4 saltwater... Love staying at yamba

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

We've stayed at a caravan park in port macquarie that had a pool and playground- i don't know if that is kid friendly enough? There was a similar one is byron bay.
    If you wanted to consider staying in a cabin, there is a farmstay in byron bay that is usually quite cheap ( no idea about xmas time though), they have a lake where you can canoe, kayak, use a row boat. You can feed the goats, collect eggs from the chickens, pick fruit from the fruit trees. There is forest to explore and just heaps of land in general. It's very kid friendly. My 2 always enjoyed it.
    Other than that there are a fair few caravan parks around lake macquarie ( newcastle), depending which one you go to, you are close to the lake which is surrounded by a bike path and playgrounds or even close the beach.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I heard the ones at yamba are fun. Most places aren't taking Christmas bookings yet until end of feb/early march.
    So I want to find a great park now and be ready to book when the park opens up their bookings

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been staying at The Blue Dolphin in Yamba since i was a kid, it's fantastic, they have lots of kids activities over the school holidays for the kids too, i remember going on different boats and jet skiis etc aswell as the indoor movies and craft stuff (for the littlies they have in indoor play centre thing too). It has 2 pools, a heated one that has a really deep part and a shallow off the side one for the kids and then they have a cold one with a water slide and a kids area that has some water features. It's right on the river where u can swim/fish/sail. I've stayed in 2 different types of cabins there (they have a few different types, we stayed in the ones right on the water front and the ones backing onto the foresty bit next door) aswell as in tents and the 'public' toileting facilities are great, they have a bath for little kids/babies in a seperate room that you can lock for privacy or heaps of showers in the actual toilet block.

In Coffs Harbour we stayed at the Park Beach holiday park, not sure on alot of the details now as it's changed alot since i stayed there as a kid, i did stay for 1 night about 2 yr ago and it was really clean and tidy and quiet, there was lots of families there and the staff were really lovely.
    Last edited by c2p08; 09-02-2013 at 00:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i live just South of Port mac and would recommend it for holidays with kids.. Lots of caravan parks

Thanks
    Reviews

Great thanks. I want to try all the parks suggested as they seem like fun. We went to coffs at Christmas and love it.
    We are thinking Newcastle/ port Macquarie this Christmas. I found a couple of big 4 caravan places. Just waiting for the bookings to open up

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed at Ballina Lakeside Caravan park a couple of years ago. Ballina is just south of Byron on the coast.

it looked like an awesome place to stay with kids. Close to the beach and town centre, clean and nicely kept.

there was a pool and water play area (little river and squirty jets etc), trampolines, mini golf and a tv play area.