+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I grew up with three great grandparents, my great grandmother died when I was 20. DD still has three great grandparents, including my grandfather who is 98 and still going strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Have your children met your Grandparents or Vice versa

I never met any of my great grandparents but my dd has met my nan and my grandma.
    They both live 4 hours away but I try and go there about twice a year. I am really close to my grandma (she is 86 and in fantastic health) and it's beautiful to see DD (who is 5) is also forming that close bond too.
    When DD was 3mths old, I took her to meet my great great aunt(before moving into a home she lived with us for a while and I was closer to her then any of my grandparents) , she passed away a week before DD's first birthday and I regret never getting photos if them together.
    Last edited by mummyrissa; 03-02-2013 at 07:58.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Have your children met your Grandparents or Vice versa

I was 12 when my maternal great grandmother died & while my memories of her are mostly fuzzy, I have one of her apologizing for not having the energy to play with me. The others died before I was born.

My grandmother passed when DS was 3, so he won't remember her & the others died before he was born.

Thanks
    Reviews

I never met my great grandparents however both of my kids had both their great grandmothers around. Their paternal great grandma died 2 years ago and now they just have my grandma. I love watching my kids interact with my grandma it reminds me of my childhood and my dd is so much like me she just drags poor grandma to her room to play dolls for the day lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Both my kids have met my grandfather (their great-grandfather) and DS got to meet my grandmother who sadly passed when DS was 18 months old.

All other grandparents of DH and I had died years earlier.

My grandmother died when I was in my early 20s at 96. She had dementia but I was the only one who she never forgot so I used to go with my grandfather (it was his mum) a lot to visit in the last few months.

I was very, very close to my Nana (especially as my Nana and I both struggled in our relationships with my mum, her daughter) and it makes me very sad that she never got to meet DD whose EDD was Nana's birthday.

So DS and DD have a great-grandfather and two grandfathers but no grandmothers (MIL has died).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandma had my mum at 26

My mum had me at 22

And i had my 2 in my early 20s

So my grandma is in her 70s.

My grandma me my first child when he was six months and she was quite happy you could just see it in her.

Christmas last year my grandad and grandma both came to visit so they got to see both my kids for the first time together.

My kids are 4 and 2.5

I can honestly say it was the most special time.

My grandparents were so so happy and just over joyed at seeing and spending time with my kids

And what i loved is how much my kids straight away took to my gp's
    They absolutely loved them.

I have photos of my 2 sons copying how my grandad is sitting and sitting beside him because they wanted to be just like him they thought he was the best.

Photos of my children and grandparents are so so precious.

I just wish we didnt live in different states so they could visit more.

Thanks
    Reviews

When I was born I met my great great grandma (she died when I was a year old)

I grew up with two great grandmothers until I was 14 and 17. One was 96 and the other 104 when they died.

My babies 4 great grandparents living. 3 great grandmothers (all in very fine health) and a great grandfather.

I started having my children at 19 but my mother was 30's when she started having kids and my father was nearing 40's. their parents were mid to late 20's when they started their families so I am very lucky to have had so many relatives alive still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have nothing to do with my grandmother or great grandmother anymore (so would be the kids great and great great grandmother) but we do see hubbys grandma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I never met my great grandparents and my grandparents all died by the time I was 15 I've seen a photo of my great grandmother and I will show photos of my grandparents to my children when they're older.
    When dd was about 2 she kept telling me she was having dreams about a 'cow man' or something like that, my grandad lived on a farm and it made me wonder, I showed her a photo of him and she said after awhile that it was him. But she used to make up a lot of stuff, I'm interested to see what she would say now at 5. It's nice to think my grandad has visited them even though he died when I was around 8 I've always felt a strong connection to him.

Nmgb is offline No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm ♡
    Thanks
    Reviews

I met my Great Grandma (paternal grandfather's mum) she passed when I was 5, my Great Nanna (paternal grandmother's mum) she passed when I was 17. I also met my Nanna and Pa (my maternal grandfather's parents) Nanna passed when I was 7 and Pa when I was 8. My girls have met all my Grandparents (ages 75, 77, 78 and 79) and my great aunts and uncles. Except one Great Uncle who passed when I was heavily pregnant with Dd1.