+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Compulsive urge to pick finger skin - how do I get help for this?

I also do this but what I found that helped was keeping the tiny pointy manicure scissors at my desk to neatly nip them and cuticle oil to put on ramdomly.. It's not stopped me 100% but its help reduce the times I bite it.. I've noticed with the cuticle oil I get less bits that snag off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have this too but on my arms . I've had it since the birth of my first son 4 years ago. It's due to the trauma of his birth. I started as it oddly soothed my anxiety but even now I'm ok I still do it especially if I feel out of sorts. I don't know how to stop either, my arms are scarred because of this .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    you can do it!! Can you get someone to go in with you who will talk if you dont feel you can? Just reherse what your going to say and you will be fine. Good luck sassy, let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Compulsive urge to pick finger skin - how do I get help for this?

Okay I don't do fingers etc but I'm OBSESSED with picking pimples

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm a picker in general too - I like popping pimples, and if I've been sunburnt or whatever... I want to pick that too.

But this is the first time I've ever started picking just randomly at myself. There doesn't have to be dry or damaged skin around my fingers for me to start picking. It's gross.

Thanks everyone, and thanks MonkeySee, I think bringing someone in will make it even worse. lol. Sitting there with 2 people looking at me as I talk about it. I think I can probably convince myself to talk to the GP if I just do it when I go back to get my test results for an unrelated issue.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

twotrunks  (03-02-2013)