+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Thermomix???

I have a Thermochef and I LOVE it! The only difference between the Thermochef and the Thermomix is the reverse function and about $1000. I've used both and I honestly feel they both cook exactly the same

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermomix???

Ok well now I know y ppl spent the $2000. Omg I'm in love it was amazing, having a party to show DH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Thermomix???

It is definitely worth it. Did you enjoy the yummy food?
    Last edited by LoCo; 02-02-2013 at 23:08.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermomix???

Yes I did
    I love baking/cooking so I know it will get used everyday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thermomix???

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    It's better quality, gearless motor and has the reverse function. Each to their own though, some will think investing in a $2000 tv is a great idea I think investing in a quality kitchen appliance is a good idea.

I've had mine for just over 2 years and I'm still in love, as a PP said it will sell itself. It does sound like a lot of money but I do save on not buying pre-packaged stuff, the savings paid for my thermy within the first year.
    Totally agree. To me $2000 isn't that much compared to what other people spend on home entertainment stuff.

OP the only question you should ask is "where do I sign?"
    I would never have described myself as someone who likes cooking, I only cook cos we have to eat. But the thermomix has changed my life!!

I would never buy a knockoff, when you look at how they operate the original is well worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Thermomix???

Quote Originally Posted by tjewell View Post
    Yes I did
    I love baking/cooking so I know it will get used everyday
    I know and pre thermomix I never would've made my own pizza base or pasta but now it's just so easy. When is your demo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    I have a Thermochef and I LOVE it! The only difference between the Thermochef and the Thermomix is the reverse function and about $1000. I've used both and I honestly feel they both cook exactly the same
    Yes. I love my Thermochef too. It cost me less than $800, and does a great job at sauces, custards, soups, doughs, etc.

I chose not too spend $2000 on a thermomix because I don't like how it cooks main meals. Anything that I would cook by sweating down aromatic veges and spices, and browning off meat never tastes as good done in any of these machines in my experience.

(ducking down now to avoid the onslaught by the thermy fans).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    Yes. I love my Thermochef too. It cost me less than $800, and does a great job at sauces, custards, soups, doughs, etc.

I chose not too spend $2000 on a thermomix because I don't like how it cooks main meals. Anything that I would cook by sweating down aromatic veges and spices, and browning off meat never tastes as good done in any of these machines in my experience.

I agree, I borrowed one for a few weeks and I imagine it's great for those who aren't really into cooking.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermomix???

No I agree there are certain meals I cook the old way still.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Thermomix???

I'm also going to a demo this week. But I was considering seeing the thermomix in action then researching the cheaper options (I've heard target has one for $270?)

I am confused by what you said above about browning meat etc though, so do you mean you got the cheaper option as you still cook the meals yourself and you only use it for bases and dough etc?