+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1:1 midwifery at Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if the RWH in Melbourne is still running the 1:1/caseload midwifery program? I know that the COSMOS trial has now finished but wasn't if this is now being rolled out into their normal practice?

Tried to call them but the person I spoke to wasn't particularly helpful & on their website it only seems to mention the large team hospital-approach for midwifery.

Any up-to-date info would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 1:1 midwifery at Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne?

I have done COSMOS with both pregnancies (had DD last November). It's a fantastic program, can not recommend it highly enough. At your first appointment ask to be put into the Cosmos program and they should organise it from there. I know they won't take high risk pregnancies but I attempted a VBAC with my last pregnancy and they were fine to take me on again.

Good luck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Katkin  (02-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello

I have been referred to the RWs (waiting to hear about first appt) I told my Dr I had heard about the 1/1 Midwife care and could he state that. He said he would. Obviously I know there is no guarantee but just wondering if anyone else asked on the referral for the midwife only care?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I asked on both my referrals for that but it isn't acknowledged. At your 1st appointment at the hospital you will have 2 appointments one with a midwife and one with a OB. When you see the midwife ask then that you will like to go through cosmos and if they will sort it out for you (if there is a spot).

Good luck, it's a great program and the midwives are truly wonderful.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Alluneedislove  (15-04-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been told that the program is continuing at RWH, because it was so successful! I have also heard that the Angliss Hospital is closing their family birth centre but implementing a COSMOS program in its place. Not sure on timeframes, but will be a good option for ladies out east who are seeking greater continuity of care.