+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Oh that's interesting! What exactly can you feel when they're doing it all? I had a GA with mine but the next one should be a more normal cs, so will be interesting to know!
    I could 'feel' it but it didn't hurt. It was uncomfortable and I did get quite anxious about what I could feel. Like iwas being pushed and shoved a bit from the inside!? Hard to describe. And I was sort of being moved on the table as my OB pulled the baby out! It didn't last long though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Oh that's interesting! What exactly can you feel when they're doing it all? I had a GA with mine but the next one should be a more normal cs, so will be interesting to know!
    I can only speak for myself, but I felt like my guts were Mary Poppins carpet bag and someone was rummaging around in there pulling out lamps and whatnot. It's not painful, but I found it a very odd sensation and experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure a lot of what I would have suggested has already been written in this thread but one thing which I wasn't expecting was 'wind' pains in my stomach a week after the c/s. Apparently when you're opened up (in any OP) air bubbles can get in and it can be quite excruciating on top of your tender stomach, therefore I would suggest having some 'De-gas' or similar over the counter med handy 'just in case' you are caught out with wind pain.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (05-05-2013),patsmum  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    ooohh I had the voltaren pessaries with my first and they gave me crazy diarrhea. After 24 hours I refused to have them!
    Yuk me too, oral though and I just binned them - no constipation though so that was a plus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It's funny because I couldn't wait to get out of recovery. I was there for almost 3 hours. My baby wasn't with me and I just wanted to hold her.

ETA - I had to constantly ask if I could get out of there.
    The reason I said this, is because I played all 'I'm fine lets go to baby' but really I was almost fainting and had started to go into shock - a quick thinking Ob saved me (long story). The second time I just let the observations required happen, only hubby was with bub and I knew he would take care of her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is a weird feeling because you can feel pressure and movement but no pain.

From the start to bub out is about 15mins. Once you can hear the crying and see them, the focus is off everything else! Well it was in my experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my csection. After a horrendous labour and the pain that goes with it, the epidural and the initial pain getting up for the first time were nothing to me. It is a shock getting out if bed that first time but I coped fine. I didn't even really need much pain relief after that. The middies reminded me! I think I was too busy with baby to notice. By 4 weeks I was walking for an hr a day.
    Some great advice on here.
    I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nothing to be afraid of!

I had a c-section in October (private hosp) as my bub was transverse until the end (& I had many other complicating factors). I was therefore prepared and had lots of time to think about it.

The experience was brilliant. From the time I was put on the bed to be wheeled into theatre, it was only 20minutes later that I met my baby. It was the most amazing moment. From the first cut (sooo fine, there's NO pain so no concern) he was out within 5minutes and after being briefly attended to by the Paeditrician (I had GD) he was on my chest having cuddles. He stayed there the entire time I was stitched up & I don't even remember taking any notice whatsoever of that part as I was overwhelmed with my baby. All up that process (stitch up) maybe took 20mins and then I was wheeled into theatre recovery and had skin to skin and started breadtfeeding straight away (my baby took 20 secs to move himself up my chest and find my nipple and latch on like a pro!). I stayed in recovery for 45mins or so and from the min my baby was put on my chest he never left me again (Paed examined him in my room with me present).

Looking back on everything and now thinking about whether I will have another c-sect with baby no 2, I would be 100 times more scared of a natural birth. I had no labour and was so refreshed and not one ounce of pain.

Recovery was completely fine. I would describe it as a discomfort, not pain (only on first day, maybe the 2nd for some people. The most frustrating thing was not being able to lift heavy items or lift above head such as hanging washing (so would be very tricky with a toddler). I hated not being able to drive for 6 weeks but in all honesty I had visitors everyday so it was fine (& after week 3 you can get out for short walks.

Re pain meds. I was in hospital 5 nights/6 days & never needed anything stronger than the prescribed meds. I took a cpl of panadol here and there at home in the first couple of days.

Dont be scared of a c-sect - embrace it! There's a lot of positives to focus on.

P.s. my boy came out spotless (only the tiniest spot of blood on his leg. His skin was an amazing pink & he wasn't squashed or come head like). He was sooo calm (barely cried) & chilled out because no trauma for him of labour & squeezing through birth canal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to add that I was up and moving by 2pm (my surgery was at 9:30am). I could feel my legs properly by 1pm (I had a spinal). I was in a holding room that wasn't as nice as the others (no courtyard etc) so as soon as a lovely room came up I moved (walked myself with assistance, quite a short distance down the corridor). From the minute my baby was born he never left my side. I had no issues with mobility although I appreciate everyone is different.

I was able to assist with bathing the evening of night two (no need to bath as he came out so clean & was just wiped over).

I also had some pain around the wound in the 6 wks post but it is very manageable! Nothing at all to be concerned about & doesn't prevent you from caring for your bub or yourself. And I had the itching too in the early days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    I'm sure a lot of what I would have suggested has already been written in this thread but one thing which I wasn't expecting was 'wind' pains in my stomach a week after the c/s. Apparently when you're opened up (in any OP) air bubbles can get in and it can be quite excruciating on top of your tender stomach, therefore I would suggest having some 'De-gas' or similar over the counter med handy 'just in case' you are caught out with wind pain.
    Yes yes yes!!

The wind pain after my c-sec was worse than my labour!! 😁

My OB came to check on how my wound pain was. I told him I can't feel the wound but the wind pain is unbearable!!!! 😫

He gave me de-gas which worked some sort of miracle!! 😄