+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    dont freak out if during the op they seem t o be pushing downwards REALLY hard on your bump...both times my kids were wedged way up high and they have to push down on you to get them out.
    Oh that's interesting! What exactly can you feel when they're doing it all? I had a GA with mine but the next one should be a more normal cs, so will be interesting to know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    ooohh I had the voltaren pessaries with my first and they gave me crazy diarrhea. After 24 hours I refused to have them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Oh that's interesting! What exactly can you feel when they're doing it all? I had a GA with mine but the next one should be a more normal cs, so will be interesting to know!
    I could 'feel' it but it didn't hurt. It was uncomfortable and I did get quite anxious about what I could feel. Like iwas being pushed and shoved a bit from the inside!? Hard to describe. And I was sort of being moved on the table as my OB pulled the baby out! It didn't last long though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I can only speak for myself, but I felt like my guts were Mary Poppins carpet bag and someone was rummaging around in there pulling out lamps and whatnot. It's not painful, but I found it a very odd sensation and experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure a lot of what I would have suggested has already been written in this thread but one thing which I wasn't expecting was 'wind' pains in my stomach a week after the c/s. Apparently when you're opened up (in any OP) air bubbles can get in and it can be quite excruciating on top of your tender stomach, therefore I would suggest having some 'De-gas' or similar over the counter med handy 'just in case' you are caught out with wind pain.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (05-05-2013),patsmum  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    ooohh I had the voltaren pessaries with my first and they gave me crazy diarrhea. After 24 hours I refused to have them!
    Yuk me too, oral though and I just binned them - no constipation though so that was a plus!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    It's funny because I couldn't wait to get out of recovery. I was there for almost 3 hours. My baby wasn't with me and I just wanted to hold her.

ETA - I had to constantly ask if I could get out of there.
    The reason I said this, is because I played all 'I'm fine lets go to baby' but really I was almost fainting and had started to go into shock - a quick thinking Ob saved me (long story). The second time I just let the observations required happen, only hubby was with bub and I knew he would take care of her

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found it very, very odd. I didn't get that blunt kind of "someone is slicing body open with a knife feeling" but more like someone pulling and pushing my whole body really hard in different directions. It is hard to describe, I guess.

But, I did not experience any pain, as such. Even my recovery was really good.

I had a good experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a weird feeling because you can feel pressure and movement but no pain.

From the start to bub out is about 15mins. Once you can hear the crying and see them, the focus is off everything else! Well it was in my experience!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my csection. After a horrendous labour and the pain that goes with it, the epidural and the initial pain getting up for the first time were nothing to me. It is a shock getting out if bed that first time but I coped fine. I didn't even really need much pain relief after that. The middies reminded me! I think I was too busy with baby to notice. By 4 weeks I was walking for an hr a day.
    Some great advice on here.
    I hope it goes well for you!